Hysterectomy

Can anyone tell me if they was in much pain when they came round from a hysterectomy plz im so nervous im having mine on thursday xxx

I'm having mine later today Hun, so will post on here as soon as I'm able. Currently can't sleep as I'm so nervous xxx

Be thinking bout u gl luck hunni xxxx

Good luck to you both

im having a radical hysterectomy on the 27th June I'm able to have my holiday first which was booked for the 12Th which is what me and the family needs before my treatment .they are going to try key hole with me as any one had that? Do you need to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy after . They have told me I have to go two weeks after the op for results . That depends on further treatment . I hope you both recover well . Keep me posted on how you get on and best wishes x

Hi everyone, 

im 15 days post radical hysto..and feeling really well! 

I had mine laparoscopicly which involved 4 incisions around my stomach and I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised with the lack of pain!

i think the pain may depend on whrnther they do it keyhole or an abdominal incision..however I felt that it was very manageable.

you will have a pca pump which allows you to administer morphine as and when you feel you need it..I only pressed it once and that was immediately after I came around from my surgery and I felt I could manage better with just paracetamol and ibuprofen..

if your having lymoh nodes removed then you may find you have more discomfort in your groin area and usually a specific side..mines still very achy now and I have trouble lifting my leg but nothing I can't manage.

so to sum it up...I was terrified...I needn't of been!

the pain/discomfort is very manageable however the trapped wind is another story lol..lots of peppermint cordial and windeaze tablets helped me..I also found that as soon as I was allowed to get mobile then that helped to shift it also...I had my op in a Tuesday and was allowed home lunch time Thursday..albeit with a catheter in tow but that caused no real problems either. I had that removed on the 10th day and thank goodness everything is back to working normal! 

Still a little sore and tender but much much more manageable than I had ever imagined.

im waiting for my results as to whether I have to have chemorad I'm praying I don't..they seemed positive with how the op went and there were no visible signs of it in my nodes etc so I have everything  crossed...

if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.

lots of love and luck for your ops ladies

kay xx

Ty so much hunni just thinking this time tomorrow ill b recovering xxx

Hi ladies, just to say I'm the same as Kay really. I'm on the start of day 3. Feeling loads better. As Kay said the pain is manageable. Hopefully I can go home tomorrow. My stay is a little longer due to the added complications during my surgery.  

Hi Karen so pleased to see that all went well for you and you are on the road to recovery

Lots of love 

Kay x

Thanks Kay. Like you I have a 2 week wait for results of lymph nodes. Hopefully they are clear but he did say today that they looked a bit suspicious. I'm expecting chemo/rad anyway so it won't make a difference. He says I can go on holiday and then start that (if needed) when I come back. Xxx next step is to recover before holiday which is in August xxxx

Thanks for posting Kay and Kazza, it's so positive to hear that with the right drugs the pain is bearable. 3 days till I go in, and it still doesn't feel like its really happening.

Hi Hun, please don't worry about the pain! I was so worried and nervous but didn't need to be. I'm home now and feel so much better today, only on day 5. Still have catheter in, which is a bit of a pain, but other than that I'm managing ok. Had to be taken off the codeine as it was making my blood pressure drop and making me feel sick. Got to visit my own GP on Monday to discuss my HRT as my ovaries where removed and they need to start me on some patches. Good luck with your operation Hun, you will be fine. Xxxx

I am 5 weeks after a radical hysterectomy with omenectomy. Have large abdominal incision. 

I was absolutely terrified and it was nowhere near like I imagined. I had a spinal and a General anaesthetic And it was very effective. by day three I was only taking paracetamol and walking a bit. I felt so awful beforehand and it felt amazing to feel better. 

Pain wasnt an issue for me but the staff were amazing and there is always something there that you can have. Just keep on top of it and you will be fine 

best of luck to you xxx

I am 5 weeks after a radical hysterectomy with omenectomy. Have large abdominal incision. 

I was absolutely terrified and it was nowhere near like I imagined. I had a spinal and a General anaesthetic And it was very effective. by day three I was only taking paracetamol and walking a bit. I felt so awful beforehand and it felt amazing to feel better. 

Pain wasnt an issue for me but the staff were amazing and there is always something there that you can have. Just keep on top of it and you will be fine 

best of luck to you xxx

Good luck for the op! Please let us know when your well enough how you are! 

Loto of hugs and luck xx

kay 

Surgery is in 3 hours. I am so scared, but know that I have to do this, thanks for the thoughts and encouragement, it has really helped, think I would be in a worse state without it. I'll post again once I'm with it again! xx