Hysterectomy tomorrow - scared

Laying in bed unable to sleep. Have my hysterectomy tomorrow  (Thursday) and getting more and more nervous  1B1 diagnosed about 4 weeks ago. Seems forever! Consultant hopeful that further treatment won't be required.  Still feel so anxious about it but I guess that is normal. Made contact with local support group so am hoping to hear back from them soon. Just random ramblings on here really!

Hi

I am having hystrectomy on Monday and can totally empthasise with everything you say as I am exactly the same esp about what happens after but one step at a time and let's hope all is ok. It will be 5 weeks and agree feels like forever. Good luck and big hugs please let us know how you get on as I will be thinking of you. I know a few ladies on here who have posted saying they have were surprised how well they feel so I am hoping the worrying will be the worSt for both of us. Xxxxxx 

Hi Ladies 

Just to say good luck with your hysterectomy. I am now 3 weeks post op and i am feeling really good.  I also donf need any further treatment  as i did have 1b1. Try not to worry you will be in ghe bsst hands x

Chris 

Blackberry good luck! I am booked in for a radical hysterectomy on 4th August and know I will be very very nervous the day before. If it helps at all I had a LLETZ under GA the other week and once I had got to the ward and all the nurses and doctors were popping around chatting I started relaxing and everyonoe was lovely. I felt awesome when I woke up and I hope you do too. A few weeks ago anything medical freaked me out, I hope you find some peace and that it goes very well for you tomorrow. Keep in touch!

Thinking of you today. xxxx please let us know how you are. Lots of love xxx

You'll be feeling a bit groggy by the time you see this so just sending you a big hug :-)

(((((HUG)))))

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

thanks Chris for well wishes glad you are doing well xxx

thanks Chris for well wishes glad you are doing well xxx

Another hug from me!

Just wanted to send best wishes and lots of love to you all. I'm currently waiting for my date for hysterectomy, & I'm meeting the team for first time next Tuesday, after a brief 4min conversation about my staging. So be nice to know what's what properly. 

Well its done. Unfortunately keyhole approach failed due to previous scarring so I was opened up and had large blood loss. Came home yesterday and am doing okay now. In pain but manageable. Have to have a catheter in for 10 days as was radical hysterectomy so can affect bladder function. Then it's the wait for pathology results to be sure they got it all out!

Thanks for the well wishes, hope the other ladies with upcoming treatment are okay and all goes well xx

I am astonished you are home so quickly! Congratulations!

Tivoli

I could have come home the next day! I could also have stayed until today but felt I might sleep better here. The gas pain is unbelievable! 

The gas pain is indeed unbelievable! Try walking gently. Others have said that Peppermint Tea is a great help though I never had access to that.

Tivoli

Hello, I'm glad to hear your recovering okay, I'm sorry to hear they couldnt do keyhole. I can't believe how quick you came out, I hope you're being given lots of care and support x 

Well i got cut and i am 4 weeks tomorrow and am feeling great. I even drove my car today just take it easy dont puch yourself as your body needs to heal.

Good luch and speedy recovery

Chris