Hysterectomy in your 30ties

Hi, I have been recently diagnosed with clear cells carcinoma cervical cancer, I don’t have children and I’m not sure if I want them.
I was advised by my doctors that they would like to do radical hysterectomy due to the type of the cancer.
Could any of you who had your hysterectomy done tell me how you felt afterwards? I’m so confused and scared at the moment. It all feel surreal…
Does woman’s body react differently to hysterectomy based on the age? How much your body has changed? Did your mood, whole being changed? What about sexual life etc?
Did you need hormone replacement therapy?
Any comments will be helpful…

Hi @Midori_91

A bit late, probably your situation is different right now, but this is my experience:

I had a radical hysterectomy 9 weeks ago, spent 5 days in hospital, but not because of the surgery itself, but because other things have gone wrong (spent 4 days in intensive care and had 2 blood transfusions due to low blood pressure and also ended up with a trapped nerve at one of my upper tigh which I am still struggling with).

Passing urine was uncomfortable for a few weeks, but I wouldn’t say it was painful. Have been constipated a few days, but is expected and laxatives have helped.

Sexual life - not returned to normal just yet - tried it a couple of times and I must admit that it was painful, but the more you do it, the better it gets. The fact that I am about to start further treatment puts me off at the moment, I am too worried to enjoy it) :sleepy:

Good luck and stay strong! Let us know how you’re doing!