Hysterectomy help

Right people, Im booked in for my OP and being the organised person I am, I am currently starting to get my hospital bag in order.

I have no idea what I will need after. Do I need sanitary wear, what sort of pants, clothes should I get for home? How uncomfortable will I be??? Ive seen somewhere that someone had post op mesh pants, anyone else have these and found them good?

I have the following for my bag, anything ive missed PLEASE let me know, also what you found helpful -

• Nighty and Pjs
  • Wash bag
  • Dry shampoo
  • Slippers
  • Dressing gown
  • Loose leggings
  • Tshirts
  • V shaped pillow

Thanks peeps, I want to be as ready as I can for my surgery. If im not organised that will stress me out even more!

xx

Hi,

Definitely suggest boiled sweets or mints, throat was very dry after the op.  Also if keyhole, peppermint tea or peppermint oil  capsules as you may have a lot of trapped wind.  Something to keep you occupied, dependant how long your in for xx

I second the boiled sweets and peppermint tea!

Also big pants I found really comfy. I was only in 24 hours so didn’t need much and wasn’t massively sore. It’s been better than expected.

xxx

Sounds like you are really organised and have the main things. I wore nighties in hospital that were XL so didn’t rub on my tummy at all.

At home, I found that I had to have loose dresses as leggings rubbed on my stitches even though they were large size!

Pillows to pack around you on the way home.

Good luck with the op. Take each day as it comes and rest. Big hugs xxx

I actually wore hospital gowns at home for the first week or so. I had 37 staples down my stomach and had to have 2 bladder stents and foley catherter for three weeks. It was much more comfortable 

Hi hun good luck and well done for being so organised great list. There is a possibility you will be going home with a catheter I found loose maxi skirts or dresses were more comfortable than leggings and trousers nothing got pulled or rubbed. Definitely have a cushion for the journey home to go between tummy and seat belt and hang on you will feel every bump !!! xxx

Thank you ladies! Im organised and hubby has treated me to some lovely new pjs, leggings, trainers and jumpers! If i have to wear loungewear i at least want to look nice! All set and ready to go for Tuesday now. All getting real, just want it over and done with. Im looking forward to having some time off work in all fairness, could have been for better circumstances, but hey, life gives you lemons, make lemonade! xx

I’ll be thinking of you Tuesday, hope it all does well xxx