Hysterectomy Complete

Good evening everyone
So on Thursday I was in for my hysterectomy and now at home recovering. Although it wasn’t the most fun experience it wasn’t as bad as what I expected - it was my first surgery and my first time under anaesthetic so it was a big deal for me and I was petrified.

The hospital admission and all the visits from the relevant people were great and the next thing I knew after theatres was waking up in recovery.
I’ve been sore and uncomfortable, tired and emotional but all in all not bad. I think the worst hit for me has been the gas!! Shoulder pain but intense abdominal pain too! I’ve been resting and taking things easy and so far so good, hopefully it’ll continue!

I just wanted to reassure anyone that has this upcoming or are considering their options. I think my consultant was quite pro active and forward thinking so for me it was an easy decision and the right one for my circumstances.

Washed my hair today - well my partner did - best feeling ever! If anyone has any questions please don’t hesitate to shout and I will help if I can xxx

6 Likes

Hi

Thank you for your hysterectomy info on here, I was just wondering what happened to you previously to have this procedure? I have had 2 lletz in the last 20 years my first one at the age of 25 showed abnormal cells and they were taken out, I’m 40 now with 2 children and have had no problems until last year I had abnormal cells and HPV, I had a Lletz in February then a call a week later from the hospital saying they had found deeper issues, I have a follow up appointment in September to discuss my options, reading other people’s comments, I’m pretty sure they are going to offer a top hat lletz or a hysterectomy, to be honest I don’t want to go through another lletz as to be honest it was pretty horrific. The local anesthesia they gave me made me shake uncontrollably and made me feel nauseous, please can you reply as I am pretty worried.

Hi Lois

I just sent you a private message - there may be bits that aren’t applicable but I copied and pasted from another thread, it does detail what has happened leading up until now

Feel free to private message me back x