Husband concern

Soo my Wife has just received some results after the Cone Biopsy… a bit confused really.
We need to wait for the Doctor to review them for his official response but it says 2 fragments were taken - 1.5 x 0.3 cm and 2.5 x 0.4 cm and they were CIN 1 / CIN 2. (Any idea if this is a lot??)

We don’t know if my Wife needs further surgery
We don’t know what length the Cervix is now.
We are wondering if the panic / Cone Surgery was absolutely necessary putting us now at risk of Miscarriages etc…

My wife has also been bleeding / in discomfort quite a bit these past 3 weeks following the surgery. We have been through hell the last few weeks… (as I’m sure most of you on this forum have)

Any initial thoughts before we hear from the Doctor??

Thank you to AMC for sharing her story and the advice that you have given.

It’s worth waiting for the full lowdown. I needed more treatment because there were no clear margins on what was taken. If they are certain that there are clear margins then no further treatment should be needed.

I hope I’ve not misinterpreted but I would say that it’s best to have had the operation - hindsight makes us think strange things.

I personally don’t think that it is as bad as you think. If/when you get pregnant, just make sure that you have the monitoring in place and explore the stitch options.

Very, very best of wishes!

2 Likes

Hi ,

I would suggest to undertake all the tests here in Uk. It is better to have one consultant who oversee your wife. Even though you will do the colposcopy in. Italy it will not be in her medical record in uk so it might be very messy and difficult to find the right referral to progress things in a timely manner if it is something urgent. I understand your concerns as nhs might be something new and not familiar, I had similar concerns myself as well when I started this journey but I didn’t regret it once that I undertook treatment in Uk. NHS is brilliant and there are many knowledgable doctors. In addition, you can find the latest equipment and instruments in Uk hospitals especially the big ones such as in London.

I wish you all the best!

Maria

Hi

On Wednesday,we had the news that the edges of the biopsy were clean.

Today however my Wife really is in much discomfort. She says she feels as though things are “dropping” and she has heaviness.

Is a Uterus prolapse possible after having a Cone Biopsy (Conization) which she had at least 3.5 weeks ago??