HRT Patches

Hi Everyone,

My doctor has recently switched me over to patches instead of tablets - as he says that these work better.  However - after a number of weeks on these  I'm quite unhappy.  I swim (a lot) and i find that they are loosing their stickiness much more quickly and before i have to change them and i need to cover them with surgical tape (not the best look in the world)!  Secondly - I'm going on holiday soon and I'm going to be wearing a bikini.  I dont want to have ugly patches on show!  What do you guys suggest?  I feel like I'm constantly at the doctors lately complaining - but prior to me having CC I could count on one hand the amount of times I visited the doctors.  Now I'm made to feel guilty for making an appointment!

Thanks guys

Hi there,

I have been using  HRT patches for several years and generally do not find them to be a problem. I normally place them below my bikini line, in the place that your ovaries would naturally be, so they are not on show. When I put them on, I hold my hand over them or rub them to get them quite warm for a minute or two and I find that they then stick on quite well. I swim alot too and I think by keeping them under the material of my bikini that they are less likely to come off.

Hope that helps,

Best wishes,

Julie x

Thanks Julie - I think they take some getting used to, they just look ugly - mine are so BIG.

Mine do kind of come up along the edges. I usually stick them either on my bikini line, or a butt cheek. I feel like mine fare better on the rear.