hpv

Hi

I had cin3 7 years ago and had treament for it. I was 23 at the time. I have had yearly smears since then which have all come back clear apart from my smear 14 months ago which shown high risk hpv. I had biopsies which were fine and was told that because my smears have been fine I am now on 3 yearly smears. I couldn't understand this at the time because wouldn't you think they would like to see if my hpv had cleared rather than making me wait 3 years given my past history.

Aanything since xnas day 2014 I have had bleeding more or less constantly weather if be bright red blood loss or a brown thick none smelly discharge which has required pads. I have been to my gp and he said because I am now on 3 yearly smears if he sent one they would send it back!! Is this a joke??? He has sent me for blood tests and swabs instead. I feel so frustrated. Im tired all the time and look drained but this could be due to my constant bleeding but I know my own body and these are the same signs I had 7 years ago when it was found that I had cin3. 

Hello DianeJayne,

Well shocking as this may seem to you and me it appears that some labs do indeed send back smears and refuse to test them if they arrive before the full three years is up. So no, it's not a joke. Blood tests and swabs sounds like a good way to slip you in through the side door if that proves necessary. I think I am right in saying that if anything shows up on those your doctor can then refer you for a colposcopy. Or perhaps you could have a smear done privately.

Be lucky

Tivoli

It is most likely nothing, but as per Tivoli's message, you can have it done privately. I had a smear test and hpv testing done privately asi wanted to know what type of hpv i had - nhs only says 'high risk', this was not good enoug for me :). The fee was around £200-220 for both in a clinic in central London. 

Thanks very much for your replies girls. Im awaiting results of my blood tests but haven't yet had the swabs as im constantly bleeding. My gp mentioned referring ne back to gynecologist depending on the results.  Just frustrating and worrying for any woman I guess.

Thanks very much for your replies girls. Im awaiting results of my blood tests but haven't yet had the swabs as im constantly bleeding. My gp mentioned referring ne back to gynecologist depending on the results.  Just frustrating and worrying for any woman I guess.

hi guys ive had a few months of tests ie a smear that was sent back, appointment at gynecological swabs and internal. had antibiotics and then I was finally sent to colposcapy yesterday.  ive got to say that the woman was awful and didn't explain much to me at all. she told me she was going to do a smear and swabs again and then said that she was going to treat me today. bearing in mind I was already in the chair with my legs apart and was feeling rather vulnerable so I just agreed. the pain was awful and I didn't really know what was going on and what she was treating me for as nothing was explained.  anyway afterwards she told me no sex swimming or tampons for a month! I asked what had she done to me as I am.going to turkey on monday for 2 weeks!! she mentiones the word caurterize and when I got home I googled it. what has she caurterized???? cells or scar tissue?? never in my life have I ever felt so confused. I hate the fact that they sont explain anything. feeling abit lost here :-/