hpv

Hi again the docs have canceled my lymph node results apointment until next week it was ment to be tomorrow so was going to ask them then but thought one of you might know I was just wondering about the hpv side of things iv been with the same partner for 15 year so we both must have it . Duz it cause cancer if we have oral and other kinds of sex ? And will I be clear of hpv now iv had a radical hysterectomy hope this makes sense :/

I've thought the same myself.  I had CC, but when I asked if it was caused by HPV, they said you can't tell.  I had only ever had sex with my husband,  We split up and then I was diagnosed 7 years later, after being in a relationship with someone for 4 years.  I was told HPV takes 10-20 years to become CC.

I've thought the same myself.  I had CC, but when I asked if it was caused by HPV, they said you can't tell.  I had only ever had sex with my husband,  We split up and then I was diagnosed 7 years later, after being in a relationship with someone for 4 years.  I was told HPV takes 10-20 years to become CC.

Hi,

Sorry about your postponed lymph-node appointment Lisa.

I just wanted to say that Michael Douglas, son of Kirk and husband to Catherine Zeta Jones claims his throat cancer is the result of oral sex. You'd think we might hear a bit more about it if it were common. I'm not sure if it's a case of Michael Douglas bragging or the rest of the world being shy.

Be lucky

Tivoli

Thanks for the replie my nurse rang in my birthday and told me I don't need any more treatment will ask about this hpv thing on wensday xx

Yes HPV can cause throat cancer in males, but for some reason they're only giving girls the HPV vaccine.  In my brain it would make more sense to do all of our children to stop the cycle in it's tracks. My eldest daughter got her HPV vaccine last week at school and I'm so glad. If it cuts her chances of following my footsteps down the cancer path then great.

I really can't wrap my brain around some people's attitude that giving the girls the vaccine somehow makes them promiscuous. That's like saying getting the rabies vaccine makes you want to catch rabid dogs with your bare hands! The vaccine is merely another tool to help prevent disease and keep people healthy.

That and the fact that it's 'OK' for boys to be promiscuous!! With whom? Other boys? Society is so, so warped!

I asked yesterday at hospital hpv is in the cervix if it's been taken away you won't have it any more so mines gone x