Hpv test new

Hi I had a test after a very long time as I was abused and I was so frightened any way my results were clear but mentioned about hpv and I have to have another a year as says they want to check if this is still there as can clear up I really don’t understand as I don’t have unprotected or sleep with any one am like 42 and had 2 partners but been single nearly 4 years now is this bad please help

I’m so sorry your personal circumstances make tests all the more difficult - I can’t think of a better way to word it, but you should take strength from knowing you’ve overcome that hurdle to have a test in the first place.

I know from personal experience that even all the knowledge in the world about HPV doesn’t make it any better when you’re faced with that realisation that you are the one to have it, but please don’t worry about that in itself.

It’s very common, absolutely no indicator of anything to do with anyone’s sexual activity other than that they have had even just sexual contact at some point, no contraception is guaranteed to prevent it, and you can basically think of it as something everyone will get at some point in their life. It can also lay dormant for many years, so it is also common for people to question how they got it because they’re thinking they haven’t done anything in the relatively recent past.

Also, just testing positive for HPV doesn’t necessarily mean anything will happen. It’s just because some strains can cause issues that they monitor you that little bit more often, so they can step in with plenty of time to stop anything sinister happening if there started to be signs that it was causing problems.

From personal experience, I know the anxiety it can cause, so I’m absolutely not dismissing it, but I hope you can take some reassurance that being monitored is in itself no bad thing. Hopefully you’ll clear the infection in time without issue - good luck!

4 Likes

Thank you :blush: just for some to listen helped .
I just worried when I read the letter x I appreciate what you advice is x

1 Like