HPV positive + borderline changes from first smear

Hi all, as the title suggests, this is the result received today from my first smear.

Can anyone offer any experiends/advise on what will happen. What a colposcopy is as I've been refered for one. 

What is borderline changes, I'm guessing CIN1. Does it always usually stay as CIN1 as that is what the smear result was, I presume? 

Thank you :)

sending my love hun

I have been through exactly the same thing.

A colposcapy is pretty much another smear but just takes longer.

I was left with nasty tummy craps 48 hours after the test.

I received the same information as you and am still waiting a proper explination of what it all means. I would reccommend asking as many questions as possible as it appears less information and telling you not to worry is normal. Yet all we want to know is what is really going on.

The who process for me has taken 8-10 weeks

Thank you for your reply. From what I understand borderline is actually less than CIN1 so I'm even less worried than when I originally posted about anything being 'wrong' at all. And I'm now just worried about any pain. But I'm a tad wussy when I want to be. There is nothing to suggest in my letter that I shall definitely  have any biopsy etc, so here is hoping I don't have to! And it shall be just a look and Dr will just say 'all is well off you go for a smear in 5 years' 

..... although come to think of it I don't know if id like that either knowing I'd had an abnormal smear. I guess I can't win. 

Is that 8-10 weeks from smear to end result? I'm currently nearly on 5 weeks since smear. Guessing the bank holidays etc haven't helped wit getting results and letters for me. Currently waiting for colposcopy appointmen date  

Hope your results were all okay? X

That was from smear to final result.

My results were really ambigious and poorly worded. 

Think i plan to cause ww3 with my GP as the more you read into things and processes, the less it appears the doctors tell you.

Good luck

That was from smear to final result.

My results were really ambigious and poorly worded. 

Think i plan to cause ww3 with my GP as the more you read into things and processes, the less it appears the doctors tell you.

Good luck

Your final result after colposcopy was CIN1? Or your not really sure? Because of the poorly worded ambiguous results. What is the plan for you now if you don't mind me asking? More regular smears? Did you require any biopsy at colp? Did the doc give any indication at the time what they thought it would be at the time if that makes any sense CIN1 etc? 

Ohhh yes you cause them hell till you get the info you want and need! I would!! 

& thank you, good luck to you too  I've got a long wait nearly the end of May until my actual colp date, they did phone and apologise stating it should of been within 2-3 weeks referal but because of banks holidays and playing catch up etc as there has been 3 since my smear everything in my area has a massive back log but Im on the cancellation list to be contacted ASAP if anything comes up. So this wait is feeling like forever! X