Hpv high strain

Hi i did a superdrug hpv test a few months ago and the results came back that i had one of the high risk strains. I had a smear test done in july 2020 and was all clear.

I did this test because my boyfriend cheated on me. I went to the doctor and theg said they wont do another smear test because i am not due one for another with i am so anxious the fact theh are leaving me a year for my smear.

Can the cells change in that time to nasty ones im so worried its going to be awful news next year and theres nothing i can do because theh wont test me early .

Hi kerrymonster17

Didn’t want to just read and run as you seem to have got yourself in a fuddle bless you x Cell changes are usually a reaction to a long term HPV infection, CC is known for its long term precancerous stages which is why it seems so long between checks x even the most severe changes known as CIN3 have been known to take upto 10-15 year before it has the potential to change it’s unlikely to have significant changes in such a short space of time if there is any x high risk HPV doesn’t always mean you will have cell changes and cell changes don’t always mean it will progress into anything more x

https://www.jostrust.org.uk/information/abnormal-cells

You could benefit from having a look through this, it might put your mind at ease a little x

1 Like

Hi ya i went for a private smear test and they refused to do it. Im going to try again at the doctora as for about 3 months i am having periods every 2 weeks