hpv and put back to 3 yearly smears

hi ladies had my first smear aged 27 oct 2014 it came back borderline hpv so was booked in for a cosp 4 weeks later at the end of novemember 3014 i went for my cols doctor said everthing looked fine no biopsys was taken then july this year i booked in with my docs for a smear because i was worried about the hpv and the nurse told me she could do the smear but because the doc has put me back to 3 yearly smears as soon as my smear gets to the lab they will just throw it away how can they pit me onto 3 yearly smears as ive got hpv really cant spend the next 3 years worring like this anyone experiances the same xx

Hiya

Glad to hear that everything looked fine during your colposcopy and you didn't need treatment. Seems odd however that they would throw the smear away - surely if you've had one done they have to check the results?? That doesn't seem fair not to. Is there no way around it? If not, then perhaps you could pay to have a smear privately (no idea how much this would cost but I can't imagine it can be too expensive as it's such a small / quick test.) I would push the NHS doctors to carry it out if you can. Best of luck, hope you manage to get it done xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks