how to prevent abnormal cells reappearing

hi everyone.  This might sound like a silly subject to be talking about as i know abnormal cells are generally caused by HPV.  I had a lletz procedure carried out in the beginning of january and i am due to go for my follow up 6 month colposcopy appointment in june.  Is there anything i can do or anything i can take to help reduce the chances of abnormal cells reappearing.  just feel a bit worried about them reappearing.  im a healthy, active 29 year old so i think im doing all the right things for general health.  Just wondering has anybody else felt like this. and has anybody been clear after their 6 month appointment. :)

Hiya caroline, I had my lletz in November and steaight away started taking vitamin c and zinc and folic acid 400mcgevery day to help my immune system to clear the infection, also I read that folic acid is supposed to help the cells renew themselves and scientists recommend every women pre menopause should take this amount daily to reduce cervical cancer risks, wether t works or not I won't find out until June!!! xxxx

Hello,

yes, I agree with "floppy". I would aslo recommend taking Beta carotene, Omega 3 and google AHCC and HPV - this mushroom extract is supposed to be very gooD at fighting HPV! Another 2 supplements that have been recommended is Green Tea (in capsule form) and Resveratrol with Indol-3karbinol. Google it and make your own opinion on these... They are all herbal supplements, so would not do any harm. However, thr most important thing is healthy diet - lots of green organic veggies (brocoli, cabbage, spinach, sweet potatoe,etc etc) and avoid alcohol, processed food/meat/ sugar and caffeine. No fried foods either, cut down on diary. 

And if you're taking Beta-Carotene orally, stick with it until your holidays :-) Apparently if taken orally for ten weeks prior to sunbathing it will give you protection against sunburn, whereas if you apply it to the skin as a sun-cream it just makes you, your towels and your sheets turn orange but offers no sun protection whatsoever.

:-)

Be lucky

Tivoli

Have a look at indonal dot co dot uk (it is a website), it tells you more about the Resveratrol with Indol-3karbinol

Hi. I’m also doing some juicing with spirulina supposed to be good for boosting your immune system and have cut down o. Red meat as I read it can create inflammations.

Yes, good point with the juicing and cutting/avoiding red meat. I also read somewhere about a girl/lady who got rid off her HPV by taking supplements, having a heathy diet and by using condom with her partner - she mentioned viral load - if a woman has Hpv then It is 100% certain her partner has it too (unless he has the antibodies to fight it off) and by constantly having intercourse with a partner who is HPV positive the woman's viral load is increasing or still the same. I am not sure if this is clinically proven, but defo worth a shot and it makes sense - for about 12-24month by when your bodies should fight the virus off.. 

I’m really interested in the AHCC. It seems very expensive - how many months would you say it would need to be taken for? I’m willing to buy it if it really can help. Some stockists seem to suggest six capsules a day with 60 capsules costing £40 to £50 so it does work out a bit pricey! But a ‘general maintenance dose’ is just two capsules a day which isn’t as crippling. Do you think it matters which brand you buy? I’ve been taking vitamin c, zinc and b vits (including folic acid) since my initial hpv diagnosis eight months ago, but my cin1/suspected 2 hasn’t reverted sadly! Xx

I'm really interested in the AHCC. It seems very expensive - how many months would you say it would need to be taken for? I'm willing to buy it if it really can help. Some stockists seem to suggest six capsules a day with 60 capsules costing £40 to £50 so it does work out a bit pricey! But a 'general maintenance dose' is just two capsules a day which isn't as crippling. Do you think it matters which brand you buy? I've been taking vitamin c, zinc and b vits (including folic acid) since my initial hpv diagnosis eight months ago, but my cin1/suspected 2 hasn't reverted sadly! Xx

Hi,

i was taking 3g a day on empty stomach for a month (first thing in the morning), but after the month I was feeling nauseous so taking 1,5g in the morning and 1,5g in the evening. 

recommended dose is 3g a day, for  3-6 months, then 1g a day just as a maintaince. I have found the following: 

http://info.ahccresearch.com/blog/bid/399578/Natural-Treatment-for-HPV-AHCC-Eradicates-HPV-Virus-in-Women 

http://www.pureprescriptions.com/ahcc-pure-prescriptions/p100  (this is just an example). Or http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinoko-Gold-AHCC-60-Capsules/dp/B001A82DS8

The above are only suggestions :).

Thank you - much appreciated! Not sure why my previous post posted twice!! I shall have a read :) Xx

Thanks everyone for the advice. :)