How often do they check up post treatment in first two years?

I’m just wondering what period of time between check ups/scans post treatment? I’ve had my results at 3 months after my treatment ended and I was under the impression there would be follow up appointments/scans every 3 months up until the 2 year mark and then less often up to the 5 year mark. However I’m sure my consultant said my next one will be in 6 months time. Given the fact he said they are “keeping an eye” on the area where I have/had a bone metastasis I’m really not comfortable with a 6 month wait until my next check.
What sort of time scale have other members of the forum (who had no cancer showing at the 3 months post treatment stage) experienced?

Like you, I had a 3 months post check, and the next is 6 months after that - coming up this November for me. Yes, I thought this was a long time but was told it was standard. Also I’m not having any scans, just blood tests. Apparently they can tell if you have antigens in your blood which would suggest a recurrence… What are other people getting?

2 Likes

Oh he said I would have a scan, due to the fact they’re checking the bone metastasis area. I was staged 4b. What stage were you? I hope you’re still clear next month xxx

Thank you, Lally - I was 3C2. Keeping everything crossed that the bone metastasis is gone. Xx

1 Like