How many LLETZ / loop biopsy can you have?

Hello, 

2 years ago my biopsy showed that I had very early stage 1 cervical cancer - stage 1A1 this was treated with 2 seperate LLETZ/ loop biopsy's - after the first one 6 weeks later my results showed another one was required. For 2 years I have been clear until last week when my smear showed that I have HPV (again) and changes in my cells. 

I won't know any more until my colposcopy next week; I was just wondering if anyone else has been in this boat as I am 32 years, no kids, would definitely like children in the future and naturally concerned if you can have 3 LLETZ procedures? 

If anyone could shed light on this that would be just lovely. 

Thank you. 

Hello, sorry to hear what you've been going through. It's definitely one for a doctor but from what I remember reading when I had my LLETZ, you can have multiple ones and still have children, but depending on how short your cervix ends up, they might put a stitch in it later n the pregnancy to stop the baby escaping too early - if that makes sense!  The baby thing is a real worry I know, but don't lose hope.

Good luck x

A friend of mine has had many - I'm thinking 3 or 4 of them and has several kids. <3