How long does it take?

Hi all,

I had my test of cure 3 weeks ago yesterday and I still haven't received my results by letter. Is no news likely to be good news? They did advise 4-6 weeks.

Do they usually get you in sooner if you need more treatment?

Thank you for your help!

Hi all,

Is anyone able to help me please?

Thank you

I think it varies between areas of the country. I haven’t had lletz but the was told the biopsies results Will be back in 2-3 weeks. 

hope it comes back soon for you. Xx

I had punched biopsies 10th January then a loop excision 6th Feb and I’m still waiting to hear my results. I think 5 weeks as it is today, is a long time to wait to find out if you have cancer or not and even if it isn’t, it’s a long time to wait to find out what’s happening next. 

I rang to chase them this morning and they’d lost my notes for a while then they rang back and said they now had my notes and results. They also said they are meeting on Friday to discuss the management of it (whatever it is) and will call me to go back ASAP 

With abnormal cells & or cervical cancer it seems to be such a grey area and I have no idea what is going to happen next. I am scared and hopeful in equal amounts so I do feel for anyone else going through the same. I too hope that I never need another loop excision because I personally found it to be horrid. 

Keep smiling ladies even when it’s hard to do and try and stay positive and enjoy every minute of the life you have. Sending hugs to those who need one!! :0)