How can I distract myself from waiting for results?

Hello there, I'm a newbie to the site.  Currently I am awaiting an appt for bladder repair and hysterectomy (leaving my ovaries) I'm 44 and have two grown up children.  However, I have a history of abnormal smears and had a loop back in 2005.  I was back at colposcopy on Thursday 20th June due to HPV and my cervix did not look at all healthy once the iodine had been applied.  The doctor took 4 punch biopsies and I was told that I would get a letter in 4-6 weeks.  I feel sick to the stomach as I have not yet had a date for my hysterectomy, althought my pre admission date is set for 19th July.  I know it is just a waiting game, but I'm not sleeping and have no appetite.  I had discussed leaving my cervix in place with the gynae surgeon, but the colp doctor said that is not an option with my history and current state.  Sorry to rant on, I just needed to write it all down and if anyone has any advice for me, I would be truely grateful.

Hi Dushass,

Just wanted to say a quick hello and to let you know that I completely sympathise with how you are feeling at the moment. My story is somewhat similar to yours (Click on my username and have a look). My admission date for my Hysterectomy is 18th July so we are only a day apart also.

The emotional rollercoaster is certalinly the worst I have ever experienced. My advice is keep Busy Busy Busy! I find that when I sit down and do nothing, my mind starts to wander. I am always having to snap myself out of it and try to think about something positive. I think unless you have been through this, it's hard to understand the emotional impact and how hard it is  getting from day to day. I am now focusing on the Hysterectomy date and getting it over and done with..

Feel free to Inbox me anytime and in the meantime im sending you a massive ((((hug))))

Shaz

x