How big is your tumour?

Just interested to know. Mines 7cm. I think that’s pretty big

Hi Hon...just out of interest, where is your cancer other than the cervix? I am curious about your staging...mine was 5cm but I was staged as a 1b2 as it was contained within the cervix. A stage 4 means it has spread to other organs???

I’m stage 1b1 and mine is 1cm in size

Vagina, pelvic wall and bladder wall. I'm 4a 

I'm stage 1b2 with positive node involvement. Tumour is 5 x 4cm

Hi Philleepa,

I used to think mine was about 7.5cm but now I'm less sure (my notes are in Greek). Carmel has told us that hers was the size of a melon if that makes you feel any better :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Its not just the size,its the density of the tumour too.

Some are big and soft some are small and hard.

Some are uneven some are in whole.Everyone

is different.Thats why every treatment is different

(Sorry about the lack of medical jargon but you get the drift LOL!!)

Becky x

Thank you Rebecca x you don't really get given too much information from the Dr's and I read into every thing. 

I am happy I'm being given the best treatment possible. 

Your story in quite inspirational x 

Wow thanks :) That's lovely of you to say x

I've been thinking of this size business.  It's so confusing.  

I've been told that they just treat the area they need so just cos it's bigger just means that there's a bigger area to treat. Shouldn't make it any harder to get rid of hopefully x 

Just like a coffee stain on a pale carpet then :-)

I love that analogy (if that's the right word).

Makes sense.  The stain around the edges is only the same concentration as the bit in the middle so doesn't necessarily need a stronger solution, just needs to target a bigger area.

Thank you again Tivoli, it really does make sense doesn't it. X 

:-)

Were your tumors visible? 1 know 1a tumors are not visible but I think I read bigger they are visible to the naked eye. I'm wondering because I have blemishes on the middle of my cervix but its not bumpy at all. My boyfriend felt for me and he says everything is smooth.

Were your tumors visible? 1 know 1a tumors are not visible but I think I read bigger they are visible to the naked eye. I'm wondering because I have blemishes on the middle of my cervix but its not bumpy at all. My boyfriend felt for me and he says everything is smooth.