Hope this makes someone out there feel a little better :)

Hey ladies

Just wanted to share my colposcopy experience with you in hopes that it can make you feel a little less anxious if you have one coming up.

I moved to Canada a month ago and had my first smear just before I left the UK. A few days after I arrived, I recieved a letter back home telling me I had Severe Dyskaryosis. I immediately went into meltdown and thought the worst. I booked in for a colposcopy the following fortnigt and those two weeks dragged like crazy. I couldn't sleep at all and I kept randomly bursting into tears! 

I went a long to my appoitment and was told it was cancelled and had been rescheduled for the following week. By this point, even though I was so anxious about having a colposcopy done, I just wanted it over and done with.

My appointment was last Tuesday and I just want to let you all know that it was absolutely fine! I had a male Gyno which I was not looking forward to at all. But he was amazing and made me feel so comfortable. I also had a nurse in with me and she stood by me the whole time holding my hand. He immediately told me he was 99.9% sure I did not have cancer which instantly made the whole thing much more bearable. He had a screen which meant I could see my cervix which was a little odd. I'm usually super squeamish but I found it a little interesting. He explained everything he was doing and answered all my questions. He took two biopsies just to be on the safe side. I was petrified this would hurt. I knew he would inject anesthetic which I had read would hurt but I didn't even know he'd done it! I didn't feel a thing. He also took the biopsies without me realising. 

The whole thing was no where near as bad as I had thought it would be. I have to go back for the LLETZ treatment in a few weeks but after that I should (hopefully) be all good.

I did have some pretty heavy bleeding that day and called my nurse as I was worried. She said I would need to go to A&E if it hadn't stopped by morning but it had and now I feel completely fine.

I had read a couple of posts like these just before I went in for my colposcopy and they made me feel less worried so hopefully this does the same for someone else :)

Thanks Nadia :-)

We like good news stories here

xxxxx

Tivoli

Thank you, I am awaiting my colposcopy after receiving the results from smear of high grade abnormalities, I have been fearing the worst x