Hope - Conception after Trachelectomy

Hi Ladies

Feeling very nervous writing this as it is very early, but I am 9 weeks pregnant. We found out on the day we were due to see our IVF nurse about starting treatment, so its a bit of a miracle as we had given up thinking it would happen naturally.

We had an early scan at 6 weeks and saw a tiny flicker of a heart beat Smile  and this friday I am meeting my obstertrician for the first time.

I had a trachelectomy in 2013 and had an abdominal cerclarge put it at the same time (apparently) So lets hope they used some seriously strong string to shut that baby in there! Safe to say I am keeping everything crossed - especially my legs!

I would love to hear from any other ladies in the same boat, or any successful stories.  

I'm sure its going to be a long and nerve wracking journey ahead but I hope i can keep bringing some positive news for all the other tracheletomy ladies out there!

xx

This is awesome news. I'm so happy for you and wish you all the best throughout your pregnancy. Xxxx

A massive congratulations to you! I’m so pleased for you :slight_smile: I remember us swapping stories 2 years ago! … There’s a FB group called TTL-Trachelectomy… There are lots of happy stories on there… There’s only 70 ladies but all have advice and some have gone on to carry more than 1 baby :slight_smile:

All the best! Em xx

I am so so happy for you! Gives me immense hope! Lots of love and good wishes for a smooth pregnancy xxxx

Ah how lovely. Congratulations! Love a good news story x x

Brilliant news for you. Wishing you a lovelet pregnancy xxxx

Thank you ladies.

Em, thanks for the fb page, it will be great to connect with other ladies. 

I'll keep you all posted xx

Massive congratulations to you and your partner :) So pleased to have a happy story!!

Sarah xxx

Thank you for sharing this amazing news. Congratulations. I can't wait to see how you get on xxx

Hi parkyparks

This is my first time on a forum, so apologies if I'm not yet set up correctly or get 'forum ettiquette’ wrong!

Firstly congratulations!!  I know how nervous you must feel as I am going through the same thing, I’m just a few weeks ahead (12 weeks).

After 3 letz and years of tests and issues pre-cancerous cells, we tried for a baby but without luck - so started IVF.  I had a miscarriage early on with IVF, but it turned out to be a blessing as I then asked for an impromptu smear test- which ultimately showed the cancer.

I had a radical tracelectomy January 2014 via an amazing consultant and then one year on, he advised we were able to consider trying again for a baby.  We used one of my frozen embryo’s and I am now 12 weeks pregnant.  Every step up until now has felt like we are walking a tight rope (whilst wearing clumpy ski boots and a blindfold!) - conscious of every little thing, wanting to get excited and shout from the rooftops but knowing there is a need to be cautious.

I go for my 12 week scan this week and first meeting with midwife a few days after that!  I think maybe then, it will start to feel more real and I can (should!) try to enjoy more than worry.

I also had the stitch during the surgery, so I’m hoping my guys also used strong stuff and did a double knot!  I’ve got an appointment to see my original consultant in a couple of weeks and plan to get his thoughts on the heightened risks/things to be conscious of with the pregnancy, given the trachelectomy.  It feels as if most general hospitals are not fully aware of the surgery and the details what it entails, so I want to get as much info from him as possible (to pass on to the hospital etc).

I would love to stay in touch and share the experience - as well as also help provide some hope to others.

Congratulations again!

xx

Wow, congrats to you too! Amazing and very lucky that they found your cancer early. Great news the IVF has been successful. I'm 11 weeks now, I have my 12 week scan on the 24th so we are very close! I've had a scan and the stitch is visible. They are scanning my cervix and stitch every 2 weeks. I'm also on progesterone now too.

There is a good support group on Facebook called UK TAC support for women who have a transabdominal cerclarge - many of them are pregnant too so it's a good network 

definitely keep in touch, I would love to know how you get on. 

Best of luck xx

Thanks girls for sharing your stories. Congratulations on the baby front. It gives us hope for the future. I have just had my year follow up post trachelectomy. All clear. However my scar tissue is now preventing me getting pregnant naturally. We are being referred to fertility clinic next month. I love reading your success stories as it gives me hope that we can have a family someday. Let the journey begin. Please keep us updated on your progress. 

Diagnosed June 14 cervical cancer 1B1

Trachelectomy and lymphedectomy August 14

All clear 10 days after

Year follow up all clear. Lymphedema in left leg

Being referred to fertility dept

Hi

Just to give you an update. I'm nearly there. 28 weeks at the minute and my c section is booked for 10 weeks time on the 19th Feb. I've had no complications so far and the TAC is doing its job. I'm taking it easy and working from home for the next month before maternity leave starts.

I hope everyone is doing well and this gives someone a little hope.

xx

Mission completed! Very happy to say we were joined by a gorgeous healthy daughter on Friday, born via planned c section at 38 weeks. weighing 7lbs 3oz the TAC (trans abdominal cerclarge) did a fantastic job of keeping her in! it's almost 3 years to the day since my trachelectomy and I'm overjoyed  have had our miracle baby.

There are more details and pics on my blog.

Wishing all you ladies the best 

xx

This is amazing, so happy for you, congratulations! Xxx

Congratulations! Lovely news x

Can't tell you how happy I am for you!!!  I've had a look at your blog and she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.  I wish you all every happiness. Fingers crossed I am posting my own success story someday. Much love xxxxxxxxxx