hope and support (pregnancy mentioned)

hi everyone, 

I am new to this site but I have been reading all of your post. 

i was diagnosed with cc in December 2014  Stage1 b2

And after having my cat scan and MR I scan and nothing shows that it has spread so I was very happy about that but then they said I would have to have a radical hystracterme and the removal of my lymph nodes but that would mean I would never be able to have children.  This news was very upsetting for me and my parter as we are only 30 and do not have any children yet.

When I went for my pre op appointment I found out I was pregnant I was very early only 3 weeks but due to this the operation was cancelled which was gonna be the 9th January 2015. 

I don't think my consultant was happy about my news but to me it felt like it was a gift in a strange way as this will be my only chance to have a baby.

For the last few weeks I have been going back and forth to the hospital which I hate because I feel like every time I go there I feel like I'm fighting them as the wanted me to get rid of the baby I have already told them i would like to try to keep the baby. So on the 26th January was suppose to have consultation about cemo but when I attended this appointment nothing was said about this treatment option.  Instead they said they want to remove my lymph nodes when I'm in my second stage of my pregnancy to check if the cancer has spread, but they told me if I have this operation and my lymph nodes come back negative I will have to get rid of the baby. This really did up set me because I will be about 13/15 weeks and to be honest I don't know how I would feel about that. So they told me if I want to continue with the pregnancy there is no point to do this operation, I don't know what to do with my self I think I have the Wright to know if it has spread. nothing came up on my X rays to say that it has spread but they have told me the X rays are not 100% all the treatment is experimental as they have only have 12 cases like this before. 

I'm sorry I went on a bit but no one knows what I'm going  through so any advice or support would be wonderful

kay x

Sorry there is a small error I mean if my lymph nodes come back postive for cancer then I would have to get rid of the baby,

sorry ladies xx

Hi Kay,

Wow that is such a difficult decision to make and you are the only one that can make it.

I was also diagnoised with 1B2 cc that was level 3 for aggressiveness in Nov 2014, i am 28yrs old and due to get married in Sept 2016 then try for kids. The hospital wanted me to start treatment (chemo, radio, internal radio) straight away but i refused until i looked into IVF. The hospital wasnt happy as all they wanted was to make me well but my oncology nurse was great and sorted out referral to Guys hospital within 10days. It did delay my treatment but it was just something i had to do, even my fiancé wanted me to start treatment. Even though it wont be me carrying, i couldnt go on without the hope of something, so i agreed as long as it didnt delay me too much then i would do both. You need to discuss your options and have a better understanding on timing. Could they not deliver early and do surgery straight away?

Best of luck with your decision and journey, please keep us updated xx

Thank you for your advice it really does mean a lot.  The hospital did say at first they would deliver the baby early and I would have the surgery straight after but now they are saying they want to remove my lymph nodes I don't know if this is safe but I'm gonna call the nurse again on Monday because I have few questions about the surgery. I think if things don't work out how I would like,  I think I will look into IVF treatment also, thank you so much

Xx

Hi Kay

I really wanted to just say hi and to say I am thinking of you. I am so sorry you are having to go through this and face such heart breaking decisions. If you do a search on here you will probably come across some of the other posts from ladies who have been in a similar situation, although of course every story is different and there is no right or wrong. I have no idea what I would do in your position but really wish you all the very best

Much love

x

Hi just wanted to say I'm thinking of you. Please keep me informed of how things go. Love lea xx

Thank you all for the wonderful message and advice. You women are completely amazing xx