High grade and Glandular Neoplasia

Hi all, 

In a fog at the moment, received a letter on Monday I had glandular neoplasia, appointment on Thursday and have just returned from having a Lletz performed and a ring biopsy. The foc said she identified high grade cells which she had removed. I am so scared, the doctor wants me to have an emergency ultrasound. It all sounds do bad. I only had a baby 8 months ago. 

I am do annoyed with my self as I have lived abroad for a number of years and had missed my smears, I'm worried it has spread. Just feel sick. 

Has anyone had similar experience? How did it work out? 

Thanks for listening xx

Hello Helen00,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this worrying time. I also had HGrade Cgin and understand how you are feeling.

Firstly I would suggest not Googling!! It will drive you potty..This is the best place to come for a chat and any information. Also, please remember that Cgin is (PRE) and not cc!

I had CIN3 in 2004..fast forward and after a baby in 2009 alsongside 10 clear smears, suddenly in 2012 I had an abnormal smear with suspected High grade Cgin. I had Colposcopy/Lletz and Top Hat (I believe they go a bit deeper with top hat). My histology result came back as HGrade Cgin with clear margins and no sign of malignancy.  

My follow up smear was inconclusive because my Cervix had become stenosed (shortened) This can happen after many treatments. Faced with the prospect of not being a able to have any more reliable smears, I opted to have a Hysterectomy.   Please note that this is my story and I do not want you to worry that this will happen in your case!

My best advise to you is to keep in touch with your Colposcopy nurse, look after yourself by having a good diet (plenty of leafy green veg and fruit) I also started drinking a cup of Green Tea every morning! Plenty of sleep and no stress! Keep busy throughout the day so that your mind doesn't start to wander and no no no Googling. Plenty of postive thoughts..

Sending you lots of (((hugs)))

Shaz

x

Hi Shaz, 

thank you so much for your reply, it has helped to  ease my anxiety. I have an ultrasound on Wednesday, I am so worried as it has been 8 years since my smear, stupid I know, but I was living Ina country which didn't remind you and naively I thought anything would be picked up through my two pregnancies In the last 3 years. But in  hindsight they didn't do a smear test. 

My only hope is that I have had no bleeding, pains, discharge etc but worried the doc saw something. 

I am trying to stay of google, iota hard as you just want answers. Thank you so much again for your advice. I don't care what I have to go through, I just want to survive for my little girl, boy and husband. 

I'm glad your journey had a positive outcome. 

thanks Hun xxxxx

Hi Helen,

Wishing you lots of luck with the Ultrasound and I look forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Not sure if you have read up on the differences between CIN & CGIN but from what I understand, CGIN is the same as CIN3 only it is located within the glands rather than on the surface. CIN tends to stay in the one place but CGIN can skip layers.This is why it is tricky to detect and monitor.

My Colposcopy biopsy did say that I had clear margins and a lot of women take comfort in that but personally I couldn't stand waiting, worrying & uncertainty of it coming back so opted to get it all out.

I am waiting to hear back from my Histology on the actual Hysterectomy as I only had the Op on 18th July (and I am recovering well from that!) My Consultant (who is on holiday at the min)has re-assured me that they are not expecting any nasty surprises re cancer however they have in the past found more of those little rascals hiding in there when they remove it all.

6 months down the line I will have a 'Vault' smear to check all is ok in the Vagina and then I am hoping to put it all behind me..

The consultant may ask you if you're family is complete and offer a Hysterectomy which is a big decision for a lot of women... For me personally it was the best thing to do for sanity's sake and the surgery wasn't bad at all..

Again, this is just my story..I hear of a lot of women on this site that have had Cgin and got it sorted with Lletz & Cone Biopsy.

Sending you best wishes and positive thoughts.

Shaz

x

I'm so sorry for what everyone has had to go through :( I lost my three month pregnancy this year on valentines day and the pap I did came back abnormal cells, did a colposcopy and it showed CIN 2, did a leep three weeks later and it came back as cin3 endo and outer and I have glandular extension. I went for my follow up pap and scrape today after 3 months and I'm scared on what I should do. I'm only 26 years old with one child and after losing my baby this has jjust ruined me. My harmones are terrible now

Hi Lauralynn, 

sorry to hear what you are going through. you must be in an awful state. I can't imagine what you had to go through losing a baby at 12 weeks. You sound like your very strong and after what you have been through I can only think you are entitled to feel grow ever the hell you like. 

I am sure that everything will be ok. You are only young so I am sure the doctors will do everything in their power to ensure that you are able to have children in the future ( I am sure that you'll be ok anyway, regardless) I am only new to all this, but I have everything crossed that your 3 month check comes back clear. Keep me updated and let me know how you get on xxxxxxx big hugs xxxx

Hi Shaz, 

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your support, it has seen me through s o many middle of the night panics, so I am eternally grateful! 

I have had my ultrasound today and it was clear, they think to may have poly cystic ovaries. I know I'm not in the clear by any means but so relieved that there were no nasty surprises in there. 

i am still quite unsure of how everything works at the moment and the possibilities but I have decided to wait for the facts as I am sending myself potty with the 'what ifs' 

like you I don't think if I can go through this again so I will either be told yes I have cc and have to have a hysterectomies or i assume given the option. I think I'll do it anyway. 

You sound so strong, I admire you and the decisions you have had to make. 

I'll let you know how I get on with the biopsy results, I just can't wait until this is all over. 

Big hugs helen x

I've got my results, no cc detected! Cin3 and CGin . Have to wait for consultants letter but called the secretary who was lovely and said they had just received the results. I just couldn't face a bank holiday weekend with it hanging over me. Thank you for all your support. I know it's probably the start of many things gynae wise but just glad for the moment. Thanks again, this website got me through very dark moments, especially in the middle of the night. Praying for positive outcomes for you ladies out there. Xxxxxxx

Hi Helen,

NO CC!! Brilliant news ;) Sorry I haven't replied earlier but ive been offline for a bit. I had been wondering how you were getting on. Please keep us updated and pop on here for a chat now and again. There are lots of lovely ladies on here needing support (especially as there isn't as much reliable info around regarding CGIN) so its nice to hear from people like us who have been through similar and get advise directly from the source rather than looking up scary Google stories..

Take good care of yourself in the meantime & listen to your Gyn re follow ups.

Hugs

Sharon

x