Here we go, 1st biopsy!

Hello everyone,

I am so glad I found this site because I REALLY need some support! I am 27, single, no kids. On December 10th I went to my gyno for a routine pap smear. She called me 2 days later and told me I have some abnormal cells. I freaked out. I felt the worst anxiety ever. The panic was taking over me. I got tested for hpv right away. They found type 51&59.
I blamed myself for that. I blamed that I wasn’t careful enough. I wasn’t taking care of myself. I cried and cried and cried.
2 days ago I went to my first colposcopy and punch biopsy. My doctor said it is probably cin2 or cin3 and Im gonna need leep or lletz. Now I am laying in bed, bleeding, crying and hoping for the best. I am terrified, mortified. I don’t know how to cope with that and I need some support…

Hiya Hun, 

Firstly try not to panic, I'm going through the same thing so try not to panic as much. Okay so they've found some nasty cells and there going to proceed with further treatment (I've had the lletz 3 weeks ago on Tuesday) the procedure is very similar to the biospys just the difference is they will be removing the cells. It's not painful just a little uncomfortable but you will be okay. I was a wreck when I went in but the doc and the nurses were amazing . i was able to go to work the day after and carry on as normal , don't get me wrong I've had a few breakdowns but we're only human right? I'm still waiting on my results Im hoping for good news but I've also prepared myself for bad news just in case! I've done a lot of research so I know just in case it's not the news I want what the next steps are. I really hope your okay and try to stay positive you and I might only have needed the one lletz treatment then that's it! 

Take care xxx