I've been obsessively reading all posts and replies while I've been waiting for my diagnosis, big thanks for all who contribute because the one and only thing keeping me going is knowing that I'm probably normal to be going mad with uncertainty!
I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help explain why there is a change in the tests I'm being sent for please. (Sorry for the long post)...Basically, after having discharge and bleeding I visited my GP. He said the 'good news' was he could see what was causing it, a tumour on my cervix! I had an emergency appointment with a gynaecologist the following week, he confirmed it was abnormal, took 2 samples for testing, introduced me to the Macmillan nurse and sent me for blood tests and a chest x-ray there and then. He said he could see me in 3 weeks (21/04) but I explained I was going on holiday that day so could I leave it until I was back. He agreed this and an appointment made on 05/05. Anyway, 2 weeks later I get 3 letters from the hospital, an MRI scan appointment on 20/04, a new appointment to see my gynaecologist on the 21/04 and the cancellation for my appointment for 05/05. Obviously this could only mean one thing so I rebooked my travel to the evening in the hope that I could still go away and went to my appointments.
This is when I started to get emotionally all over the place...up until now I think I was numb and resigned to worse case scenario so any thing less would be a blessing! Anyway, the lady doing the MRI said it was to scan my pelvis, great I thought, my lungs must be ok. Then however she changed the thing she'd put over me for a bigger frame and seemed to scan a lot higher up than my pelvis which I was unsuccessfully trying not to read into! Following day I go to my gynaecologist appointment presumably to be told how advanced it was only to be told the biopsy was inconclusive! I'm stunned into silence at that point but my Macmillan nurse asked him what it showed and he told her cin3 but then quickly added that he still thought it was what we'd discussed last time. I asked about the MRI and he said he has it there but they haven't had a meeting yet to discuss it but he had all permission forms ready for me to have a further biopsy under general so he can have a good look. I signed them and actually went off for my pre op so I was ready to go when I return from my hols (he also said he was going on holiday for the week too so no time was being wasted by me going away). While I was having my pre op the nurse gave me more insight into what procedures I was having, lletz, crypto-something and something else which I didn't catch because my mind was racing...all that I thought was positive because it fits with cin3. She also told me my blood tests were fine from 3 weeks before. I came away feeling that there is a slight chance I've been extremely lucky catching it in time although i don't want to lull myself into a false of a sense of security however everything came crashing down around me at 1.30am this morning when I arrived home from my holiday to find a letter waiting for me, not arranging the procedures as planned but a ct pet scan on 09/05. I'm totally freaking out in fact, is it likely to mean my lletz appointment would have taken longer to come through than another scan or could it be because the MRI has confirmed that there is too much showing up for the lletz etc? As my gynaecologist has been away since I don't even know who would have arranged he scan but I just feel I'm back to square one with all the uncertainty... it has all suddenly hit me so any support will be gratefully appreciated.