Help needed awaiting biopsy results

It’s now two weeks today since I had my colposcopy and punch biopsy that traumatised me think having to be alone put my anxiety levels up my partner was told to wait in car. Went in wasn’t properly explained what was going to happen to me and I couldn’t see a screen to watch so I’ve no idea on what he saw, but I had low grade dyskaryosis and positive hpv from my smear results but the doctor said you’ve more abnormal cells than we thought I’m going to take a biopsy didn’t say which one just did it. I just looked at the ceiling feeling hopeless the nurses were trying to talk to me but all I could feel was pain, I was suffering from a bout of thrush I think was all swollen and itchy down there so having the spec inserted stung so bad whatever the solution put on me stung too, all I could feel was blood pumping out of me and there was alot of it when I had to get up. He put silver nitrate on to stop bleeding which didn’t work I felt so ill and faint and could hardly walk back to the car let alone get in it, I was in tears after the experience felt so alone. Later that day a kept throwing up and very bad period like cramps which lasted a whole week, I still have pain now trying to pick up anything it’s horrible I’ve bled the whole two weeks it went from bright red to brown to a few hours of nothing to bright red again, I’m all itchy and swollen again down there called up for nurse to say its normal you may have a slight infection call gp if needed not helpful told all my other symptoms aren’t related and yet they all started at the same time. I’ve bad pelvic lower back pain, bleeding still, headaches and nausea and needing to pee all the time and my abdomen area looks constantly swollen and people notice it even had one customer at work ask if I was pregnant which I’m not. I’m just so worried sick now waiting has anyone had these symptoms and then had results

Hi,
I think you need to make an appointment with your GP. I had a colposcopy and biopsies taken last November. I can only speak for myself but I didn’t experience anything like you. The biopsies felt like a pinch but were very quick and the colposcopy part was no different to a smear test for me and the two solutions they put on felt cold but didn’t hurt. Did he explain why there was a lot of blood when you got up? It’s 2 weeks on and you have low back pain, bleeding, headaches and nausea, swelling and needing to pee all the time. You need to get those symptoms investigated. You might have a urinary infection if you need to pee all the time. Book an appointment and get it sorted as all the worrying will make you sicker.

So sorry to hear you’re going through such a painful time. It does sound like you’ve got an infection - either bacterial or fungal (the itching) or even both! The swelling, aching, soreness etc could be explained by infection. I am surprised that the doctor / colposcopist did not advise you to seek medical help from your GP - at the least! I too find biopsies quite painful, but with an infection as well… Hope you can get some help soon. X

I’m surprised my gp appointment today is over the phone and not in practice but I’m grateful for an appointment altogether right now, I felt fobbed off with the hospital they said its all normal and I may have an infection and my low back pain, swelling abdomen is a different problem altogether making me feel like I’m making these symptoms up. These symptoms all started together just before my smear test I knew something wasn’t right when I started spotting all the time and my abdomen kept swelling making me look pregnant and when my smear came back low grade dyskaryosis and positive hpv I was relieved to finally get some answers, the colposcopy and biopsy just brought the pelvic pain on and then the itching and low back pain and even more bleeding which hasn’t stopped since I can’t wait for my biopsy results I need answers.

I did have an infection and I’ve just got my results today from my punch biopsy I’ve got cin 1 and hpv changes got to have a colposcopy in a years time I’m still bleeding 4 weeks on so I’ve been told to call up gp if I’m still bleeding after six weeks I still don’t feel right wondering if my mum is right and I’ve got an ovarian cyst like she did with bloating and pain

Dear I’m so srry to hear what a horrible time you’ve been having. I can relate. Your last post was in August so I think you probably hopefully have some answers and are feeling better from the colposcopy. If you haven’t already, please get some imaging (ultrasound or ct scan) of your abdomen and pelvis. I don’t want to give you a horror story so I dont want to share all the details of my experience with you but I also had an extremely traumatic colposcopy. I had been having issues for a bit with postmenopausal bleeding and then had an abnormal pap so sent for colposcopy. I was very nervous. The pap i had was painful which was unusual for me so i was afraid of the pain. I let them know how nervous i was and asked if it couldn’t be done with general anesthesia. They assured me most women only had mild cramping with it. It was one of yhe most painful experiences of my life and I’ve had quite a few. The nurse wouldn’t stop even when I screamed at her to stop. I had to yell stop 3 times before she took the speculum out of me. Then after seeing how much pain that had me in she convinced me after a 5 minute discussion to continue on with it. When she went for the 3rd biopsy I lost it. It was horrific. When she was done I felt completely violated. When i got dressed and she came back in the room she told me i’ve been doing these 20 years and Ive never had anyone react in such a way. I completely shut down at that point and just wanted out of there. She kept trying to talk to me and I’m sure I cussed at her and told her I just wanted to leave. I had bleeding (not like the postmenopausal bleeding) and cramping for a good 2 weeks after that. I ended up going to the ER a few days after the colposcopy and had a CT done. It showed a 10 cm mass on my right ovary which turned out to be cancer. Around the same time I had the pap done I also had an abdominal ultrasound which showed an indeterminate lesion on my ovary. So if they were paying attention at all they shouldve ordered a ct scan instead of an invasive procedure. I didn’t intend to share all that. All I really wanted to say was please get an ultrasound or ct. I hope you’re doing so much better!