Heavy bleeding after loop treatment

Hello I had a the loop treatment on tuesday and when I left the hospital the bleeding was so heavy it was filling my pad with in 10 minutes with clots the size of a 50 pence? Is this normal as at the hospital they said I would have light spotting? Today is Thursday the bleeding has calmed down a little but is still the amount of a normal period is this normal aswell?

Please some one reply x

Hi Emma

I have had LLETZ twice this year and both times I have bled fairly heavily for 3 or 4 weeks continuously, starting straight after the treatment. The first time it got much worse after 2 and a half weeks so I ended up on antibiotics then haemorrhaged and had to be cauterised. This time round no infection but still hasn't been fun. Keep an eye on your bleeding and if it gets out of hand (usually around 10-14 days after treatment) then definitely seek medical advice. Try and take it easy if you can. x

Thank you for the reply.That's sounds horrible for you. Wish I could rest but easyer said than done I have 3 girls under the age of 8 and they keep me on my toes. How long did u have to wait for your results? I have also read that when the scab falls off it causes more bleeding, is that rite X

Thank you for the reply.That's sounds horrible for you. Wish I could rest but easyer said than done I have 3 girls under the age of 8 and they keep me on my toes. How long did u have to wait for your results? I have also read that when the scab falls off it causes more bleeding, is that rite X

Last time I saw my consultant 3 weeks after LLETZ when I haemorrhaged and he said he'd just seen my biopsy that morning and so told me the result there and then. Not had biopsy result yet this time but was told it would take 4 weeks to get a letter. It will be 4 weeks on Monday so, being impatient, I rang and was out through to the consultant's secretary today. She said still waiting for the result and seemed a bit irritated that I was bothering her! Will phone again Monday if no letter!