Has my partner been unfaithful?

Dear community,
I’m writing here cause I have nobody to talk to about this topic. My HPV test was negative in May this year. I recently changed my gyno and the new gyno did another test 2 weeks ago and it suddenly came back positive.
I had HPV about 7 years ago but it went away.

Is there a chance that the same virus has still been in my body undetected and just came back? Or might my partner have been unfaithful not telling me? We’ve been together since more than 3 years and never were with anybody else during that time.

I really don’t understand where this is coming from out of the sudden.

Thank you so much for your help
Leene

Hi Leene

HPV can often lay dormant in our systems and then rear it’s ugly head again unfortunately. Have you told your partner about your recent smear results?

Hi Leene

HPV can lay dormant in our bodies for many years (possibly for decades imo) so your receent HPV result does not mean your partner has been unfaithful. Often dormant virus causes no problems but it can reactivate in some which is why it is so important to keep up to date with smear tests regardless of recent or not so recent sexual activity.

Getting an HPV positive result can cause a lot of anxiety but in fact it means you will be closely monitored which means your risk for developing cervical cancer is less than when cervical screening was based on cytology results alone.

x

1 Like