Gutted first smear after cin 3 with crypt involvement

Hi ladies, hope you're all well. Been a while since I last posted. I had my first smear after being diagnosed quite cin3 with crypt involvement and I'm terrified and gutted all at the same time. Anyone else had this? I'm struggling to write this on my iPhone. Me am my other half just decided to start trying for a baby and I'm devastated that we are puttin off but I know it's for the best.

amanda xx

Hi Amanda, my first smear after cin3 treatment came back as sevearly abnormal and it was like a punch in the gut. Its not all bad news though, I had a cone biopsy and after expecting the worst the results unexpectedly came back as cin 1. I have an appointment next week with the consultant to discuss the results and am quite eager to hear any explination for the disparity in the results. I understand how frustrating and stressful it to discover that this journey isnt over, just try to stay positive and take each step as it comes.

Hi Amanda,

Snap! I’m in the same boat as you. I found out this morning that I have CIN 3 with crypt involvement. My consultant wanted to do the loop treatment but I refused and will be having the cone on the 23rd July.

For me, I just want the abnormal cells removed and with no chance of them ever coming back. I’m 40 years old, no kids and no plans to have any. I would have a hysterectomy if I could but that is a drastic choice I know but it would be better for my lifestyle. I’ve never had any abnormal smears up until now so it’s been a real shock. I didn’t enjoy the colposcopy and have no desire to go through anymore which is why I was worried the loop would not get the clear margins. At least the cone stands a better chance of taking them away but I really don’t know what the significance of the Crypt involvement is?
Keep your chin up, you are welcome to get in touch with me anytime, we can go through this together xxx