GP refusing smear because I'm 21

Hi I'm 21 and I've been experiencing on and off bleeding since my daughter was born 8 months ago and after sex. I've been to the gp and he has been no help at all recommended I switch to different pills, I came off the pill completely 2 months ago to check the bleeding and I'm still bleeding between periods and sometimes after sex. Gp told me to have sti tests when I have been in a relationship with my partner for 4 years and I was checked for Stis while pregnant with my daughter. I keep on having bad pain in my pelvis and lower back but GP doesn't seem to be listening. I know I probably don't have cancer but I just want a smear to rule anything out why won't they help me! How can I convince them to give me a smear and does anyone where I can get a private smear from? 

Hey,

I know sometimes smears are rejected if you are given one under 25 which could be why your GP refused you, but if you are experiencing symptoms they should have done one anyway and explained the reasons for doing one. Do you have a local sexual health clinic you could visit? Thats who did mine at 24 and they might be able to do one for you if you explain your situation.

Alternatively I know Bupa healthcare do them privately as a one off. I'm not sure how much they cost but i've had a look on the website for you and found the following link, Its for female healthcare assesments so they may be able to get to the bottom of whats causing the bleeding, even if they can rule out cervical abnormalities.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-assessments/female-health

I hope you manage to get one sorted.

Let us know how you get on

x