Good news

Hello ladies, I wanted to post some good news

i was told in May my cancer was back and given 6-12months by an uncommunicative consultant who seemed to write me off on the spot. She offered me palliative chemo and I came away quite despond ant, as you can imagine.

i talked through with my family, and on this site, the benefits of quality and quantity for my end of life plan. A friend convinced me to go for a second opinion so I saw a second consultant. His attitude was so much better! He ran through m history, looked me in the eye, treated me as a person. He convinced me that I had nothing to lose by starting the chemo, that if could stop at any time, that each individual has a different reaction to the drugs. I was actually more worried about the side effects of the chemo than my cancer! I agreed to give it a go. He recommended he carbo/taxol/avastin combo.

i have just had my midway scan and my tumours have not grown. I have gained myself some precious time. Yes I have lost my hair, but no ther real side effects, radiotherapy was much harder if I am truthful. 

So I wanted to share this good news with you. Never give up. We ladies are stronger than we think. Enjoy the good days and remember them on the not so good days. Be kind to yourself and surround yourself with people you love.

Karen x 

Wow! I am SO pleased for you that you have had some good news. You are a wonderful, brave woman. Keep it up, and keep us informed as we will be rooting for you.

much love, Molly xxxxx

Wow, what fantastic news! You are really brave and have wonderful support and a super new Medical team around you. So great to hear a positve story, thank you so much. Very inspiring.

Hugs, thoughts and prayers with you.

SID

Hi Karen

Really great to hear from you, and what fab news :slight_smile: Really pleased for you.

Love Ali xx

Hi Karen

So, so pleased for you, that really is great news.  You are so strong, brave and inspiring and deserve good things to happen to you.

Thats a very valuable lesson to us all, don't give up and keep fighting.  Long may your positive news continue.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

Hi karen, I've was only thinking about you the other day, wondering how you were getting on. I am so pleased to here that. Keep fighting. All my love lea xxx

Lovely Karen,

I am absolutely completely thrilled for you, that is the most amazing news! Enormous hugs, enjoy your weekend.

Mandy xxx

Excellent news Karen!! so happy for you Hunni xx

Hi Karen,YAY!!!YAY!!!WHOOP!!!WHOOP!!

You have made my weekend :-)) I have tears of joy for you(((HUGS)))

After you received such bad news this is just the boost you need.

Long may the good news continue.

Have a fantastic weekend with your loved ones.

All the best

Becky Xx

Great news .... so happy for you xx

So happy for you Karen!

I’ve just finished 5 of 6 of the Taxol/Carbo/Avastin and have my scan in two weeks so I will hope for positives too!

Good on you Karen!
Anna xx

Hi Anna,

I will keep my fingers firmly crossed for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Becky x

Thank you for all your support and kind comments. It means so much x

Brilliant news!! Best wishes xxx ;-)

Great news Karen, I'm really pleased for you :-)

Sue

Wonderful news....really really pleased for you xx

Wonderful news Karen!

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm sure there are many here like me who are outwardly bold but inwardly terrified of recurrence. Positive stories of this nature are a dream come true. The more of these we read the less likely we are to Google statistics.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Go Well and Be Lucky

Tivoli

xxxxx

Great news. So pleased for you. I'm not often on here but always look out for your updates. Thank you

enjoy life!

dons xxx

Hi

Just touching base to say I hope things are ok for you xxx

Take care xxx

Dons