Glandular Atypia

First of all I am so glad that I have found something where people discuss about cervical smear.
So,during my annual Pap smear I got result as ASCUS with HPV negative.My doctor was not concerned about it and said to repeat Pap after 3 yrs.I was too tensed in between and then started pain in vagina and legs…later found it’s related to lumbar radiculopathy. At the same time my cycle is disturbed and I get normal period flow for 5 days and then very very light spotting like clear discharge with very light brown shade that too may be once in a day for another 4-5 days.This is happening since last 4 cycles.
So after all these doctor suggested to do transvaginal ultrasound ,CT and colposcopy.
Ultrasound and CT reports are normal.
In colposcopy,punch biopsy and endocervical curettage was done. I got result as
For punch biopsy : CIN 1
For endocervical curettage:
SPECIMEN A SHOWS A MINUTE FOCUS OF ENDOCERVICAL GLANDULAR EPITHELIUM WITH FEATURES DISTINCT FROM SURROUNDING TISSUE, WHICH INCLUDES BENIGN CILIATED (TUBAL) METAPLASIA.

My doctor removed all cin1 changes during biopsy.He is not concerned about glandular atypia…he says it is regressive and benign and HPV is negative.repeat the Pap after one year.
But I am too much cornered about this glandular cells.I don’t really want to wait for this much time to have another Pap.What if these cells are aggressive and I get adenocarcinoma …I am so depressed. I also referred to my oncologist friend who says whatever I have done colposcopy and all was not required…you don’t have anything.

Please advise me what should I do ,should I wait for another Pap due in another 8 months ?

Can someone please comment?

Hi I don’t have any experience if knowledge abut this sorry but sisnt want to read and run! Try searching atypia in the search bar in the forum and if anyone’s else has posted about it they will haow and there might be answers/advice there xxx

1 Like