GCIN/uterine lesion

Hi

Last year I had an abnormal smear, had colposcopy and came bag CIN1 with HPV positive. Advised to repeat in a year.

A year later repeat smear. High risk HPV and CGIN, within 2-weeks I had a GA colposcopy and lletz during which they found a uterine lesion so biopsied that!! The consultant said it can take 4-6 weeks for results!

I haven’t stopped crying since the op, I found it all really traumatic as the wire broke too and I am terrified I’m going to die and leave my 4-year old without her mum.

Any positive stories to keep me going whilst I wait!

Thanks xxx

Hi Im so sorry to heat how this is all coming as a shock to you and the sad errors do not help… Quite naturally you are fearing for the worst especially when you think of your 4yr old.

I have similar timeline with you but without the lesion. I had lletz with GA 15 Sept, I received a results letter after 3wks by post. It was dated 24 Sept… - I had severe high grade CIN3 and CGIN. Letter says lletz performed and suggestion to come back in 6months for test of cure.

Like you I was shocked on the colposcopy results and so I scoured experiences in this forum which was brilliant support. There are a lot of positive stories. The good thing with abnormal cells is it means they are not in the dreaded C stage… I still read worst case scenarios (as we do) and saw quite a few ladies on different CC stages and are surviving the treatments even the ones diagnosed at stage 4.

It is a lot to take in… so breath… take a cuppa -perhaps a cake? focus on your recovery and your little one… you are in good hands and they will do their best… … well done for going through lletz…
This forum is great support so ask away🙏

1 Like

Hi my story is very similar. Abnormal smear and Lletz under GA. I also had some abnormal bleeding end of last year and he decided to do a hysteriscopy of my womb at the same time. He found a polyp which he removed and sent off for analysis. My biopsy results took 6 weeks to come back. I had Cin1 and CGIN. The polyp was benign. Clear margins so no further treatment needed at this time. Check up and another smear in 6 months. The waiting was agonising I have to admit. Try not to read too much if you can. Easier said that done I know. Every patient is completely different. The consultant was wonderful and kept me informed all the way.

1 Like

Thank you! Really appreciate the support. I hope when you go back all is ok. Xxx

1 Like

Thank you so much for your support. It does sound similar. I was wondering about hysterectomy. I think my chance of having more children has already gone. That part is so hard too. Although obviously being alive is main priority xxx

1 Like

Hello @Cant_cope thought I’d check in on you -how are you doing?

Hi sadly been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of cervix. Going to see oncology team next week to plan next steps

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis…
do stay healthy to prepare your body for the treatments… @Shammy716 is documenting all her current treatment that might be of help to you on what to expect…
praying for your strength for the tough road ahead…