Well I had my hysteroscopy on Monday and as I expected it was all clear, although he struggled to get the hysteroscope through my cervix and it was very painful. The letter from my consultant informing me that they had decided to do a hysteroscopy rather than a colposcopy stated the cervix would be examined and any area of erosion cauterised. However the doctor performing my hysteroscopy said he doesn't 'do' the cervix or colposcopy because it isn't very interesting! He also seemed surprised that a colposcopy hasn't been arranged.
He did look at my cervix (with the naked eye) and said he couldn't see any abnormalities or areas of erosion but there was some blood coming from it. As he couldn't see any erosion he said he didn't know why this could be. So now I have to wait until 20th March for a follow up appointment with my consultant. I feel incredibly frustrated and don't know where to go from here. I know the chances of any further CIN or worse are slim but it's playing on my mind and I just feel they should rule it out fully. Should I/can I push for a colposcopy? I'm even considering having a colposcopy done privately but don't know how this would effect my current treatment under the NHS. Any advice?