Freaking out :(

Hi, im new, have been lurking a while.

HAd my first smear test at 25 on the 21st october, a few weeks later i had a letter saying Severe Dyskaryosis, had a Colposcopy on the 13th November and they did the LLETZ treatemt there and then, and saidf they will confirm results in a letter within 4 weeks and id probably have to go back for a smear in 6 months.

Today ive had a phonecall from the hospital saying the consultant wants to see me tomorrow to discuss my results, its only been just over 2 weeks a d after they said the contact would be by a letter in 4 im really freaking out, im guilty of reading the internet to find out info and on the results page of this site i found this:

"How long will it take for me to get the results of the biopsy taken at colposcopy?
Your colposcopist will often write with your results. It may take four weeks for you to get the letter with your results. If the colposcopist is concerned that there may be cancer then a telephone call or a clinic visit may be offered in two to three weeks."

Which has done totally the oppsite to putting my mind at ease.

Hello Anna - don't freak out!! Every hospital is different in how they deliver results, maybe you need further treatment - that doesn't necessarily mean there's anything sinister - the consultant may want to see you to discuss this. And looking up things on the net - BIG mistake, I did that and I know a lot of ladies do that but we really should resist because it really won't put your mind at rest - in my opinion it will only scare the heck out of you!  Don't go there again!!   Take a friend/partner with you for the appointment just for support, and to listen to what the consultant says because if you're worried which you say you are - you won't take in what you're told. It's easy to say 'don't worry' but we do go through the ringer over things like this. Let us know how you get on. Sending you a hug. Sharon

Oh Anna, I can only imagine how worried you are. Fingers crossed it's not bad news today, remember whatever the outcome we are all here for you. What time is your appointment?

Do let us know how you get on x x 

Appointment is at 1.15, my partner is picking me up from work and coming with me.

Didnt sleep very well as i was overthinking things, feeling tired and a bit sick today.

Will post again later after the appointment with an update.

Oh Anna I bet you didn't. I'm glad your partner is going with you as 2 pairs of ears are always better than 1 regardless of the results. I have everything crossed for you and will be thinking of you.

X

Hey Anna. I am a newbie but read your post and wanted to wish you luck at your appointment which I imagine is happening now. I have fingers crossed for you.

so, appointment done. I have cervical cancer, dont know to what extent until an MRI is done which they said will be in the next 2 weeks.

Not sure its quite hit home yet, cried a bit when the consultant told me but now just feel a bit numb, My mum and best friend both broke down in tears when i told them.

I'm so sorry to read this. I can't imagine how you must be feeling but sending lot's of love, wishes and prayers your way.

nicola x