Follow up results = borderline changes

Hello ladies

I find this forum so useful in the dark days and wondered if anyone has had a similar experience to me. Back in Sept  i had my second standard smear (being 28 - first one 3yrs prior was clear and came back normal). 

Didnt think much of having it done again but this time it proved a bit different. The nurse put me at ease and started the examination but said she couldn't find my cervix (I thought where is it then it can't have fallen out?!?) Long story short I had to do a few things and then she found it right at the back. The examination itself wasn't painful. Two weeks passed and I received my results stating serve high grade changes and a colposcopy booked in in two weeks time. I had the procedure where they performed lletz. I was told I had both CGIN and CIN. They removed the cells and my results came back after 4 weeks stating CGIN and CIN 1/2 but all removed and to have a follow up in 6 months.

Along came April with my follow up appointment. This time the smear was quite painful and left me with a bit of discomfort for the rest of the day. Today I have received my results which were HPV negative but border line changes. As I called the hospital and the nurse told me my results she said the consultant still had to review them and will write to me about next steps! 

My qurstion is what happens next? How can I have changes in 6 months but be HPV negative? If any of you can sh your knowledge or experience it would be very helpful. 

xx