Follow Up Appointments

Hi :)

I was just wondering if anybody in the U.K. could tell me how often they have check up appointments after cervical cancer.

I was diagnosed with stage 1b squamous last November, had two LLETZ operations and then lymph nodes removed and was told I'm clear in  February.

I had a follow up appointment in June and didn't receive any results from the hospital but when I had a GP appointment, the doctor informed me they had had the results (clear) and the results form said that I will not have another appointment for a year. I was expecting the follow ups to be more regular than this in the first couple of years since diagnosis so was just wondering if this is usual or not.

Thank you x

Hi ,

I am 1b also with lvsi with no lymph involvement and i am having 3 monthly checkups .as far as my doc told me it will be 3 monthly checkups in the first 2 years and 6 monthly checkups in the following years.

Hope this helps,

I was advised the same as ldyll x

Hello 

I had 1b1 and had a trach and lymph removal no lymph involvement and I have check ups every 3 months which my gynae says will change to every 4 months. 

Hi :)

Thank you all for replying. Your answers seem to match with what I've read online so I don't know why I would be having them less often. I don't know how I could have checks more regularly if the doctor says I only need them yearly. 

Has anybody paid for private smears or colposcopy appointments and if so, please can you let me know how much they usually cost?

Thank you x