Five years on and all is good

Hi everyone.
This forum was my first point of call when I was diagnosed with CC back in January 2016 and it was a life saver. LIke all of us when we get the news I was shocked, devastated and had no idea how I could possibly handle any of it. I started following the forum and eventually posted myself. I was overwhelmed with the support and understanding I received and it made all the difference to ‘talk’ to people going through all the things I was facing. So this post is for all those women who helped me back then and gave me the strength to struggle through.
For all of you currently dealing with this crap, keep going. Lean on the people here, it does get better, although it will take time. You will reach a time when you put all this behind you, even if you can’t believe it right now.
In January 2016 I nearly didn’t go for my smear test. It was cold, it was too early and it was so warm in bed. But I did go, and the early detection probably saved my life. So, tell all your friends - get every last one of them to their appointments with absolutely no excuses allowed.
Today I am officially cancer free, and I hope that one day soon, every one of you is in the same place.
Much love
Teresa F xxx

12 Likes

I’m glad to hear that’s you reached your 5 years. Amazing :heart:

Congratulations, Teresa! That’s amazing! With an adenocarcinoma things can develop fast, and your smear test undoubtedly saved your life. It must be wonderful to have reached your five years! I finished treatment in late Feb and was given the all clear in May this year, so I’m a baby in terms of treatment. It’s so good to hear a positive story to reassure anyone who is struggling that it is possible to have a happy outcome! Wishing you many more cancer free years. X

Congrats Teresa :muscle: