first smear abnormal. advice needed

hi everyone.

ive just had results of my first smear test today and its come back as high grade dyskaryosis???? what is this?????

im due to have a colposcopy on the 20th of feb.

really confused and a little worried :(

hya hun, all this means in basic terms is you have some cell changes. (abnormal cells) you will see this called CIN 1, 2 or 3 on here. high grade could be 2 or 3. at the colcoscopy they will take a biopsy to determine exactly what it is. the number just refers to the proportion of cells that have changed in a particular area. (where they take the biopsy, not the whole cervix)

hope this is making sense. so if on your biopsy 1/3 of cells are abnormal thats mild changes - CIN1. 2/3 =CIN2 and 3/3 = CIN3.  this is NOT cancer. they will tell you that anyway but they are detecting pre - cancer changes so they do not develop into cnacer. im no doctor just bit further along. hope it helps. x

Hey,I have high grade too but I went for a colposcopy a few weeks ago and the guy said it was only mild changes?  It's confusing, but just bear that in mind when you go.  Once you get the colposcopy done it is definitely like a weight is lifted.  Still waiting for results, but remember, at least they know about it and they're gonna get you sorted!

Hey,I have high grade too but I went for a colposcopy a few weeks ago and the guy said it was only mild changes?  It's confusing, but just bear that in mind when you go.  Once you get the colposcopy done it is definitely like a weight is lifted.  Still waiting for results, but remember, at least they know about it and they're gonna get you sorted!