First smear abnormal 25years old (children mentioned)

Ps. So glad you're all in the clear now :) what a relief. I look forward to the day when I have a normal smear

Hi Emma,

Glad it wasn't as bad as you expected. I wouldn't worry to much about the GA. Doesn't seem uncommon from what I have read. 

I was told I had a large area of abnormal cells too. The whole process took an hour. I did have my biopsy and lletz at the same time. I had to have an internal stitch and since found out it was because of the size of the biopsy. 

They also didn't mention CIN to me so I am none the wiser. 

It is good they putting it as urgent. I know it's easy for me to say and i would be exactly the same as you but try not to read too much into it. At least it means less time worrying and waiting for an appointment. Hope you don't have to wait too long. 

Keep us posted.

x

Thank you. I've decided to be positive and think that they are "nipping" the problem in the bud before it actually develops into a problem. 

There are people out there in a worse situation then myself so I should feel lucky that it's been found before getting worse. 

Did you have any symptoms? It's strange to think that I have these abnormal cells in my body and I would be none the wiser if I hadn't gone for my smear as I feel totally fine in myself and have had no problems down below. 

Let us know how you get on with your results. good luck :)

Emma x

Exactly. That is the best way to be. 

i worried myself as lots of people get told CIN on examination and mine wasn't mentioned but I guess I will find out when I get my results. I'm hopeful that they have got rid of the nasty cells and that will be that (fingers crossed). 

I had a bit of irregular bleeding which I visited the doctor for last year but my daughter was only about 4 months then and they put it down to hormones after having her. She is 19 months now and I did have a bit of bleeding when I wasn't meant to last month but to be honest I am thinking that may have been down to stress!! From August i was worrying what my next smear would bring as that was borderline. Then to have the repeat smear and have high grade I just panicked!! I am such a worrier and think I just worked myself up and got myself in a panic!!

Can't say I am not worrying now about the biopsy results and have my moments but as you say, there are people in worse situations. I need to be more postive like you!!

Good Luck

x

Oh I definitely have my moments believe me but there's no point in worrying until you know for certain, as you'll just get yourself worked up. 

I'm a natural worrier as well, think it's in my DNA! So I am finding it tough but I do find comfort in this forum. I am so glad I came across it. When this is all over I'm going to make sure that women have their smears! 

Emma x