First screening - worried

Hi, I've just been for my first smear test, I'm 16 weeks post baby and still breast feeding. The nurse said this shouldn't effect my results however when she did the test she said it was blood stained and it may just be because it was a brush but it could be a sign if something else. I'm now sitting worried out of my mind incase it's something more serious. Has anyone had a similar experience? 

X

Hiya, Yes I have had the same thing happen to me. Sometimes not long after you have given birth your cervix can be ultra sensitive. Aswell as this you may have a cervical ectropion, and I know that this sounds like something bad but please let me reassure you that this is fairly common. I have a cervical ectropion and it means I bleed slightly after having a smear test done but it doesn't mean anything untoward is going on. Hope that this helps x

Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I'm hoping it's just as you have said maybe a little sensitive still or the cervical ectropion. Fingers crossed all comes back clear, it's the wait that's the worst part by far! Again thank you x

Hey, no worries at all and yes I agree that the waiting bit is the worst part of it all. Let me know how you get on :)

Just a quick update, got my results this morning. All came back normal and will be seen in 3 to 5 years. :) x

That's brilliant!!!!! glad to hear it. Im going for mine soon so I will hope for the same results with mine 

Good luck im sure it will be! Got everything crossed for you x