First MRI scan after being diagnosed with Cervical Cancer

Hi Everyone.
After being diagnosed with Cervical Cancer 2 weeks ago,im due my first MRI scan next week.
Any info and experiences is greatly appreciated.x

Hello my lovely

My advice would be go metal free. Wireless Bra, take all your jewellery off b4 you go. I would advise loose comfy clothes. No metal buttons. I wore leggings and a loose long t-shirt. It can be a long lie down. Mine was 40 mins if remember correctly so i wouldnt drink a huge amount before hand. During mine they gave me headphones so i listened to my fav radio station. Closed my eyes, concentrated on deep slow breaths.

You’ll be absolutely fine xxx

1 Like

Thanks very much for that.
Im not nervous for the scan itself but im very nervous for the results its going to show and what happens in the future.x

1 Like

Of you are. Thats completley normal. But its the best way to find out exactly what treatment is best for you. Youll have many scans. Im due one next month, itll be my 6 month check up. It will be my 4th MRI. Ive also had a PET scan.

Hiya, so sorry you have joined this club!
I totally agree with Shammy, wear your own metal free clothes it made me feel a lot more comfortable, I also focused on exactly what I was going to do when I had finished the scan (straight to get a decent coffee!) hope it all goes well for you.
I had a PET-CT scan as well as an mri and although the waiting is horrible just think you will soon have a plan of action which makes things a lot easier to deal with xx

1 Like

Thank you so much for these comments, it really does help hearing other peoples experiences. I hope you both are doing ok on your own journeys.x

I totally agree, reading other’s stories really does help.
Im only at the start of my journey, I’m doing the interlace trial and had my first chemotherapy this week, but hey it’s a step in the right direction and it’s one down!
Wishing you the best of luck with yours xx

Good luck with everything. Please do keep intouch.x

Hi Rach4
Sorry you find yourself here - but rest assured you’re now surrounded by a great group of ladies- with a wealth of experience and advice.
My personal advice is to request to go into the scanner feet first- I felt it was much less daunting.
Good luck.

Thank you.
All info, experiences and advice is very much appreciated.x

Hi @Rach4 , firstly sending all my love. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer 4 days ago after LLETZ for CIN 2. Like you I’m due an MRI and a nervous wreck about what it will show. After colcoscopy showed CIN 2 it was quite a shock to find out it was cancer. Wishing you all the best and thinking of you x

Hi @Chellemc74 Im so sorry to hear of your news. Its a tough one to get your head around isnt it.
Im due my MRI scan this afternoon and like you im so nervous to what they are going to tell me.
Please keep intouch with your journey.xx

Hi Rach, how did your mri go today? Xx

Hi @Gizzy .Thanks for asking. All went fine,just have to wait patiently on the results now.x

Glad it went ok, I know (as all the other ladies here do) that the waiting for results is one of the hardest times, so take some you time, pamper yourself and just know that as soon as you have the results and a treatment plan you will feel alot better xxx

1 Like

Thank you so much for your supporting words,it really is such a help to chat to people going through similar experiences.xx

1 Like

Hi , I’m new to this forum and have been reading all what u ladies have been going through and I too and am on a journey, I was diagnosed with 1b1 lletz after having my abnormal cells burnt away I was called back 2 weeks later to say they want to do a radical hysterectomy of which I’m having in 2 weeks. It’s all happening so quickly from finding out I had this to my operation has been 8 weeks I just can’t absorb the news. I’m terrified but it is what it is and have got to get on with it , much love to everyone else on here x

2 Likes

Aww @Prettybutterflies11 Sorry to hear your news but welcome to this amazing page. Im new to all this aswell and the short time that i have been involved in this group,all these ladies have gave me knowledge and comfort.
Think of the positives of the 8 week whirlwind you are going through,as most ladies in this group say,its the waiting that is hard.
I wish you all the best in your journey.xx

Hi @Rach4 glad to hear all went ok, had mine today. Thinking of you and hoping you get positive news. Take care xx

Did you have symptoms ? Or was this found via a routine smear? I hope you are doing ok x