First colposcopy tomorrow

Hey everyone,

After 2 abnormal paps in a row (2 consecutive years), I am going in for my first colposcopy tomorrow. I'm nervous and anxious and I don't know what to expect. My doctor had no appointments available for weeks so I've been sitting around for weeks waiting in terror to finally get it done. I really hope it goes okay. I've been experiencing some of the symptoms listed under cervical cancer for a while (brown discharge, abdominal cramps not related to periods), and right now I'm having trouble believing that this could be anything but serious.

It sounds ridiculous but the biggest thing I'm afraid of is how much it's going to cost if they find anything requiring treatment. I live in the U.S. and I don't have very good insurance. I've heard of people going bankrupt from a cancer or any major illness diagnosis. It seems like most of you guys on here live in Europe so I'm sure you have a better health set up than we do here in the states. I'm only 25, still in college and with no family who can help me financially. What if I can't afford treatment? I guess it's a sad world I live in when money is my first thought when thinking about a potential medical need.

I know I'm jumping the gun here, I haven't even had the test yet. I think I'm just putting my fear out there, typing it out makes it feel less scary. I just want to get it over with!

This may be a long shot, but is there anyone here from the U.S. who has had to deal with out of pocket treatment costs?

So I'm really scared now... Had my colpo today and as soon as they got in there one of the doctors (there were 2) said "oh yea two spots in there". So they cut pieces for biopsies which was the most painful thing I've ever been through, and said for my follow up appointment in 2 weeks we will have the results and "start treatment". So I'm assuming they found something bad but didn't really explain it to me. It hurt so bad and now I'm sure something bad is in there and I'm just in a panic :(

Carose so sorry to hear that :( sorry I can't help you as I don't know much but maybe they found two areas where there were abnormal cells and they will just need treatment to remove them. I would call your doctor and ask them to explain. Im sure that if it was something worse they would tell you. Xxx