Feeling worried

Hi all

i have my next appointment on Monday after my MRI last week this will hopefully confirm staging and all treatments will have been put into place?!! 

I am absolutely petrified as I'm convinced things are going to be worse than expected and I'm worried I'm going to be told it's terminal and there's nothing they can do for me....I know this may seem rather extreme but I have no confidence at the min and am finding it extremely hard to stay focuses and positive!! 

I can feel the anxiety getting worse as Monday approaches, I do want to know of course but I'm also really scared at what I'm going to be told!! 

Kelly x

Hi Kelly!

I'm sure everyone here can relate to feeling scared and thinking the worst, that's what we do when we face the unknown. I have felt exactly the same, my vivid imagination didn't help the situation either.. From my experience and all the research I've done (which is a lot and my friends are joking that I can treat patients soon) it seems that the doctors know what they are doing and with early stage cancer the likelyhood of it sreading is tiny. I have just been given the all clear after the cone and lymph node removal for 1b1 adenocarcinoma, so please take comfort from that..

Good luck, fingers crossed for you!

xx

Anna

Hi

I'm going for my first colcoscopy on Monday and am terrified of what they're going to say...I've been putting a brave face on for everyone else but inside I'm falling apart! I have abnormal cells, positive HPV and a growth on my cervix that the nurse found when she did my smear, it bleeds, I'd put the abnormal bleeding down to spotting because I have a mirean coil. 3 days before the smear I was diagnosed diabetic, I feel like my world is crashing around me!! I've gone from a relatively healthy (I thought) 42 yo to this!

please someone tell me they would feel like this too!

Kelly,

No point me telling not to worry as I was exactly like you 5 years ago. This is the hardest part, not knowing what the future holds but on Monday next week you will get all of most the answers you require and you will then be able to start planning.

. As you can see from my signature I was diagnosed 5 years ago and given the all clear a couple of weeks ago. I remember so vividly the year 2010, the day before I was diagnosed I was eating well, the next day I had no appetite, a backache, pain everywhere etc...my mind was in overdrive and I guess that is normal. One minute I was thinking I am going to beat this and the next I would convince myself I was going to lose this battle. When the oncologist told me we were going for a cure I felt so much better, more positive but then I would start thinking the worse again; what if I was the unlucky one? 

You will will need all your strength to get through treatment So don't waste your energy on the negative and focus on getting through treatment; science, combined with the experience of your medical team, will do the rest.

big hugs,

Nx

Hi Kelly, chances of spread with 1b is extremely small. I know from experience though that thinking rationally in this situation is impossible. When I was told my MRI was clear I broke down and cried for the first time. I'll be thinking of you on Monday and pray that you will be posting a relieved message of your own about your MRI being clear. The odds are massively in your favour so try and breathe through it. Not long now until you have confirmation of your staging and even better, a yreatment plan. This is when you start feeling like you are doing some thing positive rather than sitting around doing nothing but waiting for results.

Hi Kelly, chances of spread with 1b is extremely small. I know from experience though that thinking rationally in this situation is impossible. When I was told my MRI was clear I broke down and cried for the first time. I'll be thinking of you on Monday and pray that you will be posting a relieved message of your own about your MRI being clear. The odds are massively in your favour so try and breathe through it. Not long now until you have confirmation of your staging and even better, a yreatment plan. This is when you start feeling like you are doing some thing positive rather than sitting around doing nothing but waiting for results.

Thank you all again for your messages of support.....today I'm extremely anxious about tomorrow's appointment....and whats worse is that it isnt until 2:30 in the afternoon :( 

Kelly x

Hi Kelly, will be thinking of you. My appointment wasn't until later on in the day either so I feel your pain. You are so close  nowthough. Try and sleep as much as possible  tonight and remember to go armed with a list of questions, or with someone who can remember to ask questions for you. It is all likely to be a bit of a blur xxx luck and prayers xxxx

Hey Kelly :-)

Just count to five, slowly, several times ;-) You'll be fine.

What I do here, and this may well not work in UK, is I turn up at the hospital by 08:30am regardless of what time my appointment is (let's face it - you can't do anything else useful prior to an appointment anyway) Chances are you'll get ahead of the queue. But I'm speaking Greece here, things may well be very different where you are.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli
xxxxx