Feeling weird?

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed yesterday with 1b1 cervical cancer, had a lletz done on Saturday, results came in yesterday :( don't know if I'm in shock or what, I cried a little, mu hubby has cried more! But I just feel like, right ok let's do this and get on with it! Am I weird? Lol 

No not weird. Sorry to hear of your diagnosis.There's no right or wrong way to get through this. Whatever feels right for you go with it. I don't think I cried until after my surgery, just mopped up everyone else's. Don't worry about how you are handling it. Just handle it! Good luck Hun. 

Hi Tracy,

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I think that for the most part it is easier to hear your own cancer diagnosis than that of your partner so not all that surprising that he has cried more than you. This is very likely to continue so take good care of him. In normal situations when you are surrounded by family and friends the patient suddenly becomes the centre of all attention and the partner gets sidelined. Be warned and do whatever it takes to make sure that he is supported as well as you.

You sound as though you are reacting exactly the way I did, taking it all in your stride. That's great but don't be surprised to find the occasional stumble.

Be lucky

Tivoli

xxxxx

Thanks for your comments. Tivoli, glad I'm not on my own lol. Will take note of your comments too :) 

Hi i have also recently been diagnosed with cervical cancer stage 1B I am booked in for a radical hysterectomy and lymph node removal on the 3 June. I am 31 with a 3 year old little boy and I have never been so scared in my life. Any stories of getting through this would be much appreciated.

thanks

kerry

Hi Kerry,

Sorry for your diagnosis :-( If you are looking for a story about getting through this then click on my name in pink. That will take you to my profile and there you will find "My Big Fat Greek Hysterectomy" I hope it puts a smile on your face :-)

Be lucky

Tivoli

Just read my big fat Greek hysterectomy!!!!!! Absolutely brilliant! How you coped I don't know. My dad lived on a Greek island for many years, he had a stroke, and was taken to a hospital in ionnia, and I had to do EVERYTHING for him! So know exactly what you mean, and never knew what nurses or docs were on about! Thanks for making me smile, great story. Love your attitude xx thank you xx p.s where abouts did you live, my dad lived in Nidri, preveza x

Glad you enjoyed it :-)

I'm in Sporades

xxxxx

Tivoli