Feeling really down and stressed :(

Hey everyone

I am new to this website and looking for some advice from anyone who understands or has been in the same boat really.

I had my first smear test (aged 25) about a month ago then received a letter saying that I have high grade dyskaryosis which I was completely mortified by! All of the usual initial thoughts running through my mind like I am going to die, I cant have children, I've got cancer....  Anyway, after finding sites like this one it put my mind at ease that alot of people go through the same or similar things...

So I had my colposcopy and lletz treatment nearly 2 weeks which went ok, as ok as that kind of treatment can go I guess! Minimal discharge and no real cramping. Until now... I am due on my period on thursday. I am on the pill and my periods are usually pretty pathetic.. only a small amount of cramping on the morning I come on and thats it. But for the last few days I have been feeling soooooo down :( bad cramping, tiredness, hunger, headaches, all of the bad PMT symptoms in one go. I am a bit stressed at the moment, alot going on in my life. Not necessarily bad things either but I cant seem to see the positive side to anything, even had to take the day off work today as I feel so miserable. The discharge from my lletz has almost stopped aswell so I cant imagine I have an infection or anything brewing? I am also still waiting for my results from the biopsy so that is always at the back of my mind.....

Has anyone experienced/experiencing the same thing? Sorry for such a long message, would really appreciate any feedback :)

Hi Lisaloo

Very sorry to hear you have been having such a bad time. I'm also 25 and was told that I had mild dyskariosis and HPV positive following my second smear. I had my colposcopy just under a month ago and the nurse took 5 biopsies which came back as CIN3. I had my LLETZ under local anaesthetic today and I'm feeling surprisingly upbeat (But I think this is because I know I will have a 4 week wait for results).

Before going for the treatment I felt very frightened and found it hard to concentrate at work. I have only told my partner as I do not want to worry my mum at this stage if it is not absolutely necessary. 

I would say all of the emotions you are experiencing at the moment are completely normal. It is a very traumatic and worrying time for anyone. My partner thinks I should tell my boss so that they can cut me a bit of slack but it isn't something I feel ready to discuss at work. Maybe you could speak to your GP about how you are feeling and they would probably sign you off for a bit so you can try to get your head around things.

If the discharge has stopped then you have probably healed. I was expecting lots of bleeding today but I have been fine so far...not looking forward to days 10-12 though.

Take care x

Its great that you are feeling upbeat. There is no pressure to tell your boss anything at this stage, just see how you feel as you go :)

What happens on days 10-12?

I have CIN3 too, hoping they got rid of it all! I wont get tested for hpv until my 6 month follow up smear, not sure why that is? I took the day off today aswell, hoping to feel a bit more normal after I come on my period, which is due tomorrow. I took your advice and called my GP and she said that its probably stress making my PMT worse, try to chill out.. She also said that I should contact them if I dont come on as it could be that the cervix has healed shut! Reaaally hope this doesnt happen :(

Hope the healing process is as quick for you, keep me posted x