Feeling on top of the world

Hi
So as most of you know my cancer returned June last year and I was told I’m palliative now I’m a get on with it type a girl and an outdoors person hate being stuck in I’m lucky to live near the peaks and dales so love going out for a walk in the hills

When I finished the dreaded chemo mix my lads came up with the idea to write a monthly diary but I can only write positive things in it like things that have made me laugh and my improvements over the months or celebrations so that if I have a low time I can look back at the diary to lift me up this is what I wrote today

It’s exactly 5 months today since I finished the chemo mix
We took a drive to Castleton today I last visited Castleton 4 months ago and struggled to reach the top of the hill kept having to stop to rest and getting out of breath
Well What a difference 5 months can make
Today I climbed that bloody hill all the way to the top with no shortness of breath and no stopping it felt amazing I felt like I was on top of the world even if we did look like drowned rats i know for sure I’m back to full fitness
To some it’s a hill to me I conquered a mountain :slight_smile:

I just wanted to share my day with you to let you ladies know that eventually we do start to feel fit and good about ourselves again

Onwards and upwards
Love Michelle xx

Amazing x everest next!

Aahhhhh Michelle 

this is so inspiring! You are one amazing lady. 

:)

Hi Michelle When you feel well you do feel like you can take on the world. Sometimes I think  that's the reason so many of us feel despair during treatment because we just feel so unwell. Lovely to hear that we recover and can enjoy it all. Thanks for posting Jayne

Hi Michelle When you feel well you do feel like you can take on the world. Sometimes I think  that's the reason so many of us feel despair during treatment because we just feel so unwell. Lovely to hear that we recover and can enjoy it all. Thanks for posting Jayne

What a wonderful post Michelle. We all need to be reminded that the good days are out there. Well done! X

Hey Michelle,

Such a positive post - lovely to read. Well done on achieving what you set out to do I'm like that i will not let this thing control me i am so in control of it! I love walking also it really helps clear your mind. 

I also love that idea about writing about positive days in a diary i had even considered doing something like that myself.

Take care 

Xxxx

Brilliant!

When daily changes are too tiny to notice it's great to have a snapshot to look back on to compare with today. Excellent idea! Well done lads!

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Fabulous idea , what an amazing inspirational person you are 

greeni xx