feeling lost

Hi everyone 

I'm kara and I'm 20 and unmarried 

One month ago I had a radical hysterectomy in which I lost my cervix , womb , ovaries , tubes and a part of vagina

I just feel like I'm not a woman anymore not being able to have kids and ....

I thouht being here would help as my friend suggested me to be here 

I feel so bad about my self 

My body....

Just thank u that u understand 

Hi Kara

I’m so sorry you have had to go through all of this. It’s so hard.

You are such a strong woman, surviving CC. Please try not to be hard on yourself and just take each day as it comes. 

Sending virtual hugs xxx

My heart felt sympathy goes out to you to have to go through this at such a young age.    Life is going to take you on a path you had not planned but you will find yourself and happiness.  As has already been said you are a strong young lady coming this far on this horrible cancer journey.   Small steps and one day at time.  XXXXXX

Hi Kara, 

Im so sorry to hear what a tough journey you have had. Diagnosis, treatment and recovery is a tough thing to go through but at such a young age I completely understand your worries and fears. I am 29 and currently awaiting surgery in the next fortnight. Loss of my fertility had been a big issue for myself and my family and has been one of the hardest things to come to terms with. However I just think I’m so lucky to have the care and outlook that I do. I have been looking into alternative ways to build a family and though it seems like a tough route, my husband and I are looking into adoption in the future. I just think there are so many children out there who are longing for a mum and hopefully I can welcome them to my family. 

Sending love and hugs x