Fears

Hi all.
I’m new to the forum and this is my first post. After putting off having a smear for years I’m slowly coming round to the idea I need to have one done. I’m ashamed of my body and the mere thought of going and having it done is really scaring me and don’t know what to do. Any advice welcome. Thanks for reading.

Honestly, don’t over think it, it will be over in minutes and it could potentially save your life. Please don’t be self conscious either, nobody will be judging you at all or even looking at your body…….well other than your cervix. It’s their job, they will see so many ladies day in day out……all different shapes, sizes and ages. What we look like won’t even cross their minds.

I honestly dread to think what could have happened if I didn’t go for my smear in May this year……also you’re unlikely to see this person again. Plus we get to wear masks now so they can’t see our faces anyway. :joy:

Joking aside, don’t put it off any longer and you’ll be absolutely fine. Have you had previous issues with your smears?

1 Like