Fear of scan results

Hi and thanks for reading this post. I’m awaiting for scan results MRI and pet scan, I was told they meet together after to discuss treatment plan. I was diagnosed with CC 2 weeks ago after having a LETZ for abnormal cells, they found CC on the inside of my Cervix. They said from the Cervix they removed they staged it at 1b1 it was 10mm x 6mm. I don’t know how they could stage it from a biopsy? I was the told I need scans to see if it’s no where else. My pet was on Friday and MRI on Monday. My mind has been racing thinking I’m riddled with Cancer :disappointed: is this normal to be so scared of results I jump every time the phone rings just incase they call me for appointment.

3 Likes

Hi lovely welcome to the group, everyone here will tell you that it is totally normal to feel how you are right now, this is the hardest part of it all, I felt exactly the same waiting for the scan results and your mind goes every where!
You have done the best thing joining the forum, stay away from Google etc as that is not a place for answers!
Honestly, once you get your results and any plans put in place you will feel much more able to deal with everything, most mdt meetings are once a week so if you have a cns nurse speak to them to find out when your meeting will be held and in the mean time as hard as it feels have some you time, wishing you well xxx

2 Likes

Thankyou Gizzy it’s so reassuring knowing your not the only one going through it. I have felt so alone going through this even though I have so much support.
You are right I need to stop googling every Cancer, it’s such a worrying time and I’m sure I will feel better once the treatment plan is sorted. It just makes you feel so out of control :slightly_smiling_face: xx

1 Like

@Kimbo1 definitely step away from Google! Honestly stick to trusted sites like this that will give you the correct information, searching the internet will just fill your head will a whole heap of incorrect rubbish and fear lol
It is a difficult stage to be at and we all naturally panic but really things will be easier when you have a plan x

1 Like

@Kimbo1 I am at exactly the same place as you, feel like I am being strangled with fear.

1 Like

Oh Nadine it really is a horrible wait, if you need a chat message me. I think we could both do with some re assurance XXX :heart:

1 Like